2005 Lexus ES 330 Consumer Review: 2005 ES 330, My Impression

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan - Consumer Review

2005 ES 330, My Impression
By alboy on

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, this seems to be a very comfortable and smooth vehicle with one major exception, the transmission hesitation and lurch. When slowing down and then accelerating without stopping, there is a brief hesitation and then a jerk or lurch. I understand that Lexus has issue a Technical Service Bulletin to the dealers about this. It involves installing a software update for the transmission. The Service Rep at the dealer adised me that sometimes it makes things worse and, once installed, they can't undo it. I therefore choose not to do it at this time. Otherwise, it's a very good car with many nice features as long as you're not seated in the back, poor legroom.

Interior appointments, dual heat and air controls, nice ride, good mileage, very comfortable front seats.

Got an unwelcome surprise with that transmission hesitation and jerk. You shouldn't get that with a Lexus. Also, the rear leg room is scant. I got the 17" wheels with HP tires that could be worn out by 20,000 miles. I only saw the tire warning on the rear window after I got car. Flasher too quiet.