2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (150 reviews )
Love it!
By Kathy on 03/05/09 16:14 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! Bought this car last summer after driving an Acura TL. I have always loved the classy look of a Lexus car...I get compliments all the time on my car (it's white). Drive is quiet & feels great, have had no mechanical issues at all. The cup holder is my only complaint--it's not deep enough and you have to hold on to the cup so it doesn't tip over. Otherwise, LOVE IT!

Great car
By JJG on 02/23/09 18:17 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car in the snow. I went from all wheel drive to this and do not regret it. The stability control works great. It is a very quiet car low road noise.

For What It Is, It Is Perfect
By Synthetic on 01/27/09 19:31 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought with 44,500 miles. It replaces our LS 400 which we drove for 15 years until it was sideswiped. This is a beautifully balanced car in all regards: comfortable, reliable, economical, and loaded with lux features. Unlike some other raters, this transmission is very smooth.. no issues at all (and I was looking for them). We are delighted, and look forward to another 15 year run in this Lexus. The ES is not as cushy as our LS, but it is close, and about 25% more economical on fuel.

Solid vehicle for under $20K
By Dirty McNasty on 01/27/09 11:35 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Lexus and most certainly not my last. It's funny how people don't understand how nice a Lexus is until they actually own one. They do so many little things to their vehicles that other's don't. When you finally own a car that's made in Japan, you'll understand. Yes, there is a known transmission jerk that you learn to avoid, trust me I own one. Plus, the dealer has a flash for the ECU to almost fix it.

Watch That Dealer
By Janice on 12/16/08 16:52 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased 2005 Lexus 330, absolutely FABULOUS! Replacing brake pads and rotors because dealer pulled one over on me, but this car is my dream. One note: gas pedal seems a little sluggish, not sure if it's the high heels or not. I couldn't decide what to replace my 11yr old Mazda with and decided to go with a total luxury vehicle that is reliable and gorgeous. Believe me, I did my homework. This car "rocks"!

Outstanding 2005 ES 330 with 48K miles
By MJW on 11/19/08 13:55 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my ES 330 for 3 months and have made one rather lengthy trip, plus drive to work every day. I haven't experienced the transmission problems that others have. The navigation system that many complain about is fine. Read the manual and plan ahead. I agree the cup holders leave a lot to be desired. The sound system is great, but I wish the CD changer was in the dash. As for gas mileage - on my 1500+ mile trip I averaged 28.65 MPG, which includes driving into some heavy head wind - average speed 70+. Not a sexy car, but I am glad a made this purchase. Perhaps I just got lucky?

DON'T BUY A 2005 MODEL
By Tamra Parks on 08/08/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have the same issues as others with the transmission and it drives me crazy. I complained at the 5,000 mile checkup and the dealership told me, "We know about this common complaint, but you will get used to it." In other words, too bad. My car has 63,000 miles and I have not gotten used to it. So I will never buy another Lexus because of it. This is my second one. Also, the cup holder is so flimsy that it broke and they want $380 to fix it. The quality is equivalent to what you would find in a $10,000 car.

2005 ES 330
By Rich on 07/26/08 20:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The ES is a pleasure to drive and one of the quietest cars I have ever been in. It offers a great ride with nice power. Controls are logically laid out for easy operation while driving. My 3 points of criticism are: 1) Terrible cup holders 2) Transmission hesitates when accelerating from a slow roll is a very poor design on this model 3) Front seat should be longer to reach closer to your knee for improved comfort and better support "under leg".

So here's the deal...
By Greenespace on 05/13/08 21:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, it's a great and reliable car. The pluses include a quiet ride, extreme reliability, plenty of legroom, and an excellent stereo, even if it's just the premium, not the Mark Levinson version. The biggest negative I can think of is that the transmissions in these cars are awful in lower gears. You WILL be jerked around, especially if you are rolling at low speeds and then accelerate. However, other than that, an excellent buy and a car that is hard to go wrong with.

I'm going to miss her
By comfortable/safe on 04/11/08 09:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a luxury car, not a sport car. I have enjoyed driving this car! I will buy another someday! the comfort and feeling of a quiet, safe reliabilty comes to mind instantly! Worth every penny... I owned a Lexus.