Used 2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus Es-330 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (153 reviews )

103,000 Miles and going well.
By TimSmith

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have put a lot of miles on this guy and have yet to do anything but scheduled maintenance. Rides like the day I bought it, gets great mileage, and still is in very good shape.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

acceleration is sluggish, sometimes you have to floor it to get it to respond, a real danger sometimes.

Solid Car
By M Simon

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth ride. Excellent highway performance. Good gas mileage. Roomy interior. Nice interior design. Large trunk. Solid vehicle. Reasonable maintenance costs.

Favorite Features

Good audio system. Dash lighting and cluster placement. Steering wheel controls. Vented seats.

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise from moonroof. Seats could be a bit more firm and better lumbar support.

My 3rd Lexus
By Ben in FL

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a '95 SC400, '01 GS300 and just recently picked up a 2005 ES with 42k miles. I did notice a small hiccup in the transmission when accelerating slowly from 35 to 40mph, but when you accelerate faster you don't notice it. I'm not sure if it's even worth going to the dealer to fix... other than that SMALL thing I really like the car and am looking forward to my next 4 hour drive. This is the smoothest car I've ever driven, and for the price (19K) I feel like I've gotten a very nice car without a very high price. When I drive this thing I feel successful!!

Favorite Features

The ride, crystal clear stereo, nice interior.

Suggested Improvements

The front styling could be sexier.

From one Lexus to another
By Tim Palko

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Lexus, my first a 05 LS430. Drove it for 5 years and loved every minute of it. I wanted another Lexus but couldn't afford a new LS so I purchased a 05 ES330 and love it. Same great features and Lexus ride. No transmission problem noticed because I do a lot of Highway driving. As far as cup holders, well you shouldn't be drinking anyway.

Favorite Features

Ride, Stereo, AC

Suggested Improvements

None

Love it more each day
By LIONLADY

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

At first I didn't like the performance, but after driving it for three years, it seems to know my heavy foot and quick response I need. Now, it suits me to a T and my husband (a BMW) owner loves taking the Lexus on long distances.

Favorite Features

The interior is so beautiful and the seats are like a fine sofa. My CD's sound amazing!

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders are poorly designed. I need to hold onto my coffee cup or it will surely fall over the low clasps. Otherwise, I don't have anything but raves for my ES330.