Used 2005 Lexus ES 330 Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus ES 330 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Lexus ES 330

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (156 reviews )

Lexus Review
By Dave Migliori

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great Car. Very Quiet. Rich looking interior. More room inside than the BMW 330. With front wheel drive and four snow tires this car performed very well in the snow. Much better value than my BMW 528i.

Quiet interior.

Better handling.

Fun to Drive!
By Dave

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most fun to drive of any vehicle I have owned - and I have owned a lot of them at age 71. I find it responsive and a joy. I drive mostly highway miles and really like the gas milage - beats my 2002 Honda Accord by 15%.

Comfort and quiet, and build quality.

Transmission improvment, but since most of my driving is highway, not a problem for me.

Great Car
By Doris

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I read all reviews about this car prior to purchasing it. All of them are true. Despite its Camry look, the interior is superior and luxurious. It rides better than BMW 325. Most cars come with package 1 or 2. Go with package 2 (everything but the navigational system).I got mine at slightly below $31K (package 2). It worths every penny.

Rearview mirrors automatically tilt downward when I shift the gear to "R", auto-sensing wiper and all interior features.

Needs a slightly bigger engine. You cannot fold back seat (all Lexus' cars).

A Great Car
By Brian M

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely a pleasure to own and drive. Quiet and comfortable. Smooth ride. More than adequate acceleration and power for Chicago tollway driving. Excellent build quality. Not a single flaw or problem. This car is not a performance "sports" car, but it is exactly what I was looking for: an affordable, great riding, entry luxury car. Fantastic service from dealership.

Comfort of the seats. Interior design and feel.

Bluetooth would be nice. But maybe it is available now.

An ES 330 with lots of problems
By smirror

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an Acura TL in 2002 and had a lot of noise problems. So when I needed to buy another car last year, I went for a Lexus brand with great reputation. But I was disappointed completely. The transmission hesitation made the driving so painful, in addition to many noise problems (rattling door, overhead, steering column and front passenger seat). In fact there are widespread complaint about the transmission problem in the Edmunds Forum discussions. My mistake was that I did not read them before buying the car. Still, I am surprised that the reviews here are pretty much all good. Go check out the Forum before you buy the ES. Don't make mistakes like mine.

Great interior material. Looks luxurious.

Transmission needs re-design. Better workmanship to reduce rattling.