Used 2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus Es-330 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (153 reviews )

Lexus live the dream
By Demo

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Today is 7/10/05, although I've only been a Lexus owner for less than 2 months I'm having the time of my life driving it. Sometimes it's worth cutting down on lunch expenses to ride in luxury. This car give you all you need in power & relaxation, and most important features are all standard except for navigation. Which for me it's not needed.

Favorite Features

Auto All, windshield wipers, headlights, reverse side mirrors, dimming mirrors, doors. Standard leather heat seats, and sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

with power you have to pay the gas. improve gas mileage

Refined middleweight cruiser
By Don Geeze

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Drove every competitor and many others. Passed on the new Avalon because the doors covering the dash didn't close or open properly in any but 1 of the 6 I sat in. This is my 62nd car and by far the overall best. Extras like rain sensing wipers, auto leveling headlights, ventilated seats and voice activated navigation are surpisingly good to have. Smoother and quieter than many large cruisers, but more nimble and gets decent MPG. Interior is ergonomically almost perfect (and did I mention quiet?). Exterior is unique although easily confused with a Camry. Doors close with a solid thunk, unlike the Jaguars I looked at.

Favorite Features

Quiet and serene ride. Relatively small turning radius. Good acceleration and gas mileage. Feeling of quality in every area of the car. Beautiful interior. Intelligently designed trip computer. Rock solid reliability ratings.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system could be more intuitive. Tranmission sometimes confused at low speeds (hopefully this will improve as the computer educates itself). Could get better gas mileage (Avalon gets 31 MPG with 40 more HP)

Lexus Review
By Dave Migliori

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great Car. Very Quiet. Rich looking interior. More room inside than the BMW 330. With front wheel drive and four snow tires this car performed very well in the snow. Much better value than my BMW 528i.

Favorite Features

Quiet interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better handling.

Fun to Drive!
By Dave

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most fun to drive of any vehicle I have owned - and I have owned a lot of them at age 71. I find it responsive and a joy. I drive mostly highway miles and really like the gas milage - beats my 2002 Honda Accord by 15%.

Favorite Features

Comfort and quiet, and build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission improvment, but since most of my driving is highway, not a problem for me.

Great Car
By Doris

2005 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I read all reviews about this car prior to purchasing it. All of them are true. Despite its Camry look, the interior is superior and luxurious. It rides better than BMW 325. Most cars come with package 1 or 2. Go with package 2 (everything but the navigational system).I got mine at slightly below $31K (package 2). It worths every penny.

Favorite Features

Rearview mirrors automatically tilt downward when I shift the gear to "R", auto-sensing wiper and all interior features.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a slightly bigger engine. You cannot fold back seat (all Lexus' cars).