Used 2005 Lexus ES 330 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus ES 330 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (153 reviews )

Not Perfect, but Close
By Dpech

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for comfort not performance and got exactly what I was seeking. The car is exceptionally smooth and quiet. I was a bit disappointed that Bluetooth and Satelite Radio are not standard - I bet this will change in the next year or two. I wanted the nav system because I'm a gadget junkie but I really do use it and it works well. I have the ventillated seats and the heating part works well but the ventillated part doesn't have a very strong blower so it is hard to notice the impact. The transmission shifting is a fairly serious issue particularly if you do a lot of stop and go driving. For cruising on the highway this is a hard car to beat!

Smooth Ride, navigation system

Fix the transmission shifting! Add Bluetooth and satelite radio. CD changer takes up most of center console storage when you have the nav system.

love it
By robinsutom

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my lexus for only 2 weeks and I love it. Everything about it says luxury. I had a Buick Roadmaster for 12 years and was looking for a car with the same smooth ride the roadmaster had. The ES330 out did all my expectations. Bumps in the road are hardly felt.

interior design,ventilated heat and cool seats,wood trim. The sound system is great. Handles well takes turns well This a great car.

Have had only a couple times that I noticed transmission hesitation, but I think an individuals driving style has alot to do with this such as jackrabbit acceleration.

My Car
By Laura Jones

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Lexus I have owned.They are dependable, easy to keep clean, good mileage, and sharp looking. The sound system with the controls on the wheel easy to use. I

The sound system and height of this model. It is easier to step into from the curb. This model is roomer inside. And of course the smooth ride!

I cannot see out of the moon roof unless I put the seat way back. The dash light's are too dim for daytime reading. The marker's are too small to read easy.

Heaven in a Lexus
By frank

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

the new 330 has getter pickup and drives like a charm.This is my 2nd Lexus and I wont own any other car.

Heated and cooled seats..stereo system

none I can think of

wonderful gas hog
By mary e burns

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My only wishes are for more storage space in the console, and better gas mileage. The ride is superb, and the heat/air vented seats, stereo, voice- activated travel guide, and overall comfort is non-parallel to any car I have owned, including Cadillacs and Lincolns. I have owned 12 GM luxury cars. Lexus has the best car for the price, and is more reliable.

The map guide; stereo; vented air/heated seats; smooth ride; all around ease of handling; appearance.

Better gasoline mileage; more space in the console.(the cd changer is in the console space, leaving little space for tissue, etc.).