2005 Lexus ES 330 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (150 reviews )
Transmission hesitation is unforgivable
By Lee Anders on 02/02/05 13:44 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this vehicle for three months, and now have a little over 5000 miles on it. From day one, the transmission has been unacceptable! I brought this to the dealer's attention, the day I drove it home. The transmission is programmed not to gear down until the vehicle comes to a complete stop. So when one slows to make a right or left turn - or when one slows down as in traffic on a busy freeway, then you need to accelerate, the transmission will 'hesitate' for a couple of seconds - as though it doesn't quite know what to do - then it will slam into a lower gear and lurch forward. This is not only annoying, it is dangerous in traffic.

The Best Vehicle
By Julie on 02/01/05 13:52 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our vehicle in June and we have now had the vehicle for 6 months. We absoulutely love this vehicle. We cannot be any happier we decided to buy this vehicle. We looked at the TL, Toyota, and BMW. After test driving the Lexus we completely forgot about the other vehicles. The service we receive at Lexus is always impeccable.

Best Car in the World!
By Motley Crue Rocks! on 01/20/05 21:15 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Lexus ES 300 and I'm extremely glad I purchased the car. It's clean, bad, and sexy. It drives so smooth you never feel bumps. I also looked at Cadillac CTS, Audi A4, Lincoln LS. This vehicle is more luxurious than Cadillac, better ride quality then Audi and Lincoln was really dissapointing because the car rattled inside so much plus they are really bad in the snow. If your in the market for a luxury vehicle that is worh your money, get a Lexus after all it's your money-spend it well. Plus these are reliable cars you can count on.

Lexus ES 330

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Quiet, smooth, elegant, comfortable, solid, nice pick up, I don't need to feel contact with the road. Have driven Audi, BMW, Passat and Nissan and this is tops. No car is more reliable.

lexus 3300

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Quiet, smooth, elegant, comfortable, solid, nice pick up, I dont need to feel contact with the road. No car is more reliable.

Lexus 3300

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Quiet, smooth, elegant, comfortable, solid, nice pick up. Have driven Audi, BMW, Passat and Nissan and this is tops.No car is more reliable.

Great by any standard
By Chet Gronke on 01/06/05 15:51 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Lexus ES 330 and went on a 3000 mile trip almost immediately to the NE and the performance was flawless. While we purchased the auto in Fl I had the 1000 mile checkup done in NJ. The Dealership was prompt efficient and most thorough just like Fl. No hassle and we were on our way in a little more than an hour. Being 6' 3" I found the interior room up front more than sufficient while the rear seat crowds a 6 footer's head space. Has about 99% of the quality my Benz had only sacrificing a little handling response. Lots of value here for the dollar.

They've Improved a Great Car!
By Mark Alpert on 01/03/05 21:44 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in our ES300, and was pleasantly surprised to find the 330 is faster and handles better, and even gets significantly better fuel economy, despite being larger and more comfortable. Handling is helped by 17" tires, and mileage by the lowered drag coefficient 5-speed automatic. The engine showed about 2200 rpm at 70 mph on our first trip, on which we averaged a surprising 29.5 miles per gallon. This is just about an ideal sedan, with a nice balance of handling and comfort. Glad we chose it over the BMW and Accuras we test-drove.

It feels more expensive than it is
By Ibsig on 12/23/04 09:49 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great compromise between road performance and luxury. Doesn't handle quite like the TL, but it's far more pleasing to sit in. Probably an unfair generalization, but if you are under 40, you buy the TL--if you are over 45, you buy the ES330. If you are 40 to 45, you're on your own.

Love My Lexus ES330
By Suzanne on 12/19/04 10:34 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Lexus. We had a 1994 Lexus ES300 that we put 181000 miles on through all types of driving conditions in Alabama, Maine and Maryland. When the 2004 ES330 came out, we decided it was time to part with our beloved ES300. The first one still looked and drove like new. That car NEVER gave us one minute of trouble in any way. The new one has more power than the ES300, which is nice. We are now in Florida where the front wheel drive won't be needed as much as it was in the treacherous roads during our winters in Maine. We are sold on Lexus, and will most likely buy one again.