2005 Lexus ES 330 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (150 reviews )
great car
By polarbear11 on 09/29/14 04:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

In 2010 i bought my 2005 Lexus es 330 with 87,390 miles on it. I did this on the Lexus name alone, well that was 4 1/2 yrs and 75,000 miles ago i now have 162,000 miles on it. The only repairs I have done is normal maintenance. the car rides like a new car still. Lexus did a fantastic job building this car. Although no car is perfect this is as close to it as your gonna get. I plan on having my Lexus for has long as it lasts, maybe i will be writing another review when i get to 300,000 miles see you then!

Bought a few days ago 77k miles
By cswindle on 01/18/13 13:18 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Lexus and I love everything about it. It rides really well, very comfortable to drive, and is extremely quiet. Acceleration is a tad slow, but overall this is an outstanding vehicle. I will post updates every now and then in the comments section of this review.

Should have bought one sooner
By phroadrick on 04/23/10 15:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for my wife when it was traded in at the dealership where I work (Buick GMC dealer, I don't sell Lexus). Have only owned it for a couple of days but boy am I impressed with this car. Fit and finish is amazing, no squeaks or rattles on a 5 yr old used car. Smooth, quiet, good performance and our 3 yr old says it beautiful. Only downside I see is never getting to drive it!

103,000 Miles and going well.
By TimSmith on 02/24/10 09:34 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have put a lot of miles on this guy and have yet to do anything but scheduled maintenance. Rides like the day I bought it, gets great mileage, and still is in very good shape.

Solid Car
By M Simon on 11/28/09 15:56 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth ride. Excellent highway performance. Good gas mileage. Roomy interior. Nice interior design. Large trunk. Solid vehicle. Reasonable maintenance costs.

My 3rd Lexus
By Ben in FL on 11/02/09 20:00 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a '95 SC400, '01 GS300 and just recently picked up a 2005 ES with 42k miles. I did notice a small hiccup in the transmission when accelerating slowly from 35 to 40mph, but when you accelerate faster you don't notice it. I'm not sure if it's even worth going to the dealer to fix... other than that SMALL thing I really like the car and am looking forward to my next 4 hour drive. This is the smoothest car I've ever driven, and for the price (19K) I feel like I've gotten a very nice car without a very high price. When I drive this thing I feel successful!!

From one Lexus to another
By Tim Palko on 08/31/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Lexus, my first a 05 LS430. Drove it for 5 years and loved every minute of it. I wanted another Lexus but couldn't afford a new LS so I purchased a 05 ES330 and love it. Same great features and Lexus ride. No transmission problem noticed because I do a lot of Highway driving. As far as cup holders, well you shouldn't be drinking anyway.

Love it more each day
By LIONLADY on 07/24/09 08:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

At first I didn't like the performance, but after driving it for three years, it seems to know my heavy foot and quick response I need. Now, it suits me to a T and my husband (a BMW) owner loves taking the Lexus on long distances.

1st time Lexus Owner
By NJ Owner on 06/23/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, a very nice car. Cost of operation is very good. Oil change charge is the same as a regular Toyota. Not like Mercedes or BMW where it's $30 for the filter alone. MPG is 26. Good highway performance. More of a cushion ride, not a tight ride like BMW or Mercedes. Purchased pre-owned with 20K miles for $19K, with 6 months of original warranty. My only dislike is wind noise coming from moonroof. Great value!

A beautiful machine!
By Alex on 06/17/09 12:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car used in March of 2008 (Certified though), and we have had absolutely no mechanical problems with it (minus one tire that had an improper seal, easily fixed)! One of the best cars we've owned! We used to be a Honda/Volvo family, but my husband acquired my stepmother's 2002 RX300 in 2005, and since then, we have fallen in love with the brand. A reliable, QUIET car! Only improvement would be better mileage around town, we're getting about 17.5, which is still good for a V6! Kudos, Lexus!