2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (222 reviews )
My Review
By mrsrowdy1 on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am in love with my car. The only complaint is that it needs a little more get-up from 0 mph.

Faulty Transmission
By Lucy Ricardo on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has a definite problem that Lexus is well aware of. The problem is Lexus does not have a solution to the problem so they say the car was designed to drive this way. Every person that I have spoken to at any Lexus dealership and into management has told me the same thing. The ES 330 has a transmission problem big time, it slips and shifts very rough...no way to correct the problem. Lexus stands for Luxury export US....there is no luxury in whiplash...thats the effect of the transmission shifting!!!!!

acceleration very poor
By seawolf on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The new and "improved" computer controlled throttle is dangerous. The vehicle hesitates for one to two seconds whenever the accelerator is pressed; generally, when you need to move out or over, there is no pick up at all. Even the Lexus mechanics told me they would not drive it.

ES 330
By L.Hedden on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After owning a 2002 es300 this 2004 has several outstanding improvements. The mileage, power, comfort, stereo, seats, handling, and general overall design has been GREATLY improved. The 2002 es300 was a great car and we had over 23,000 miles on it, but the opportunity became available to upgrade to the 2004 and it was a very pleasent surprise! The color, interior and accessories, are all identical to the 2002, but it has so many little improvements, that this was definitely the right thing to do. Service at the dealers has been exceptional.

My Third Lexus
By Cece Krumrine on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Had it since March, 2004 and purchased on basis of satisfaction with the previous GS300 and ES300.

Lexus 330---A Great Car
By paintguy on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned a Lexus 330 for several months and cannot say anything but good things about it. Its comfortable, reliable, well-built and alot of fun to drive. I would recommend this car to anyone!

Great Car
By John Dial on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned BMW and Mercedes as well as Ford, Chevy, Nissan, Volvo, Volswagon, Buick and Pontiac. The Lexus is the best I have had in the overall satisfaction.

Love my ES 330
By carl derosa on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

As a prior Acura owner, I never thought that I could find a nicer luxury sedan, but the Lexus ES 330 is a better ride than my Acura was. The styling, quiet ride, plush interior, smooth and comfortable ride, and navigation control feature make this the nicest vehicle that I have ever owned.

My first ES
By Don Good on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After having owned five LS sedans, I opted for the ES this time around, and I have not been disappointed. The ES is a super quiet, comfortable ride, and the V6 engine is adequate. All this, and on regular fuel, too.

Lexus ES 330
By Bruno1 on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my ES 330 for one month. This is my first Lexus and everything that I have heard, read and seen regarding this vehicle, it is living up to my expectations. I got the Sport Design version with gray interior and graphite exterior with custom rims. After I knew that the ES 330 was going to be my next car and was picking out the color, I saw this model and that sealed the deal. With the extra tinting on the windows (Arizona is brutal) this is a sharp looking car. I was actually on my way to test drive an Infinity G35 when I stopped in to see the ES 330. I had to call the Infinity salesperson half way through the paperwork to cancel the appointment.