2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (222 reviews )
Lexus ES 330
By HComm on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Outstanding vehicle. Quality and unbelievable reliability. This is my second Lexus, and it is a definite step up from my Toyota V6 Camrys (which are superb automobiles too).

rating 2003 lexus
By jeroloman on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle I have evry owned.

Transmission problem
By Miami Mike on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my ES330 for 10 months. BAD= 1) Had many troubles with Countyline Lexus and would NOT recommend them. I am now using JM for maintenance. 2) Transmission problems (with acceleration) since purchase. Both dealers claim that I was the only person that had reported the problem (from these reviews, I see that this is a lie) and they could not duplicate or solve the problem. It has been getting worse. Now the car jerks with normal low speed cruising. 3) Leather on the seats seems cheap; rough and not supple. My Volvo's leather is much nicer. Good= 1) Nice interior luxuries (except leather). 2) Nice to drive when you get past the transmission problems. 3) Good mileage.

Happy Camper
By yoyodyer on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. Its an affordable luxury car. Steps to the next level. Beautiful Car Inside and Out. The fuel sucks. But it is 2.49 a gallon. But I love the car. I'm a Happy Camper!

acceleration very poor
By seawolf on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The new and "improved" computer controlled throttle is dangerous. The vehicle hesitates for one to two seconds whenever the accelerator is pressed; generally, when you need to move out or over, there is no pick up at all. Even the Lexus mechanics told me they would not drive it.

Great Car
By John Dial on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned BMW and Mercedes as well as Ford, Chevy, Nissan, Volvo, Volswagon, Buick and Pontiac. The Lexus is the best I have had in the overall satisfaction.

My Third Lexus
By Cece Krumrine on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Had it since March, 2004 and purchased on basis of satisfaction with the previous GS300 and ES300.

I'd buy another one
By Linda lou on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Lexus. Previously I drove Volvos but wanted to try something new. I am so happy I did. It is a fun car to drive and very pretigeous. Handles well on the road and in town driving. Gets fairly good gas mileage.

Excellent
By J HAYZ on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Lexus ES 330 is a outstanding car. I have owned mine for a year and I am extremely happy with it. I will definitely buy another Lexus in the future.

Faulty Transmission
By Lucy Ricardo on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has a definite problem that Lexus is well aware of. The problem is Lexus does not have a solution to the problem so they say the car was designed to drive this way. Every person that I have spoken to at any Lexus dealership and into management has told me the same thing. The ES 330 has a transmission problem big time, it slips and shifts very rough...no way to correct the problem. Lexus stands for Luxury export US....there is no luxury in whiplash...thats the effect of the transmission shifting!!!!!