2004 Lexus ES 330 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (222 reviews )
rating 2003 lexus
By jeroloman on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle I have evry owned.

Lexus ES 330
By HComm on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Outstanding vehicle. Quality and unbelievable reliability. This is my second Lexus, and it is a definite step up from my Toyota V6 Camrys (which are superb automobiles too).

Transmission problem
By Miami Mike on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my ES330 for 10 months. BAD= 1) Had many troubles with Countyline Lexus and would NOT recommend them. I am now using JM for maintenance. 2) Transmission problems (with acceleration) since purchase. Both dealers claim that I was the only person that had reported the problem (from these reviews, I see that this is a lie) and they could not duplicate or solve the problem. It has been getting worse. Now the car jerks with normal low speed cruising. 3) Leather on the seats seems cheap; rough and not supple. My Volvo's leather is much nicer. Good= 1) Nice interior luxuries (except leather). 2) Nice to drive when you get past the transmission problems. 3) Good mileage.

Happy Camper
By yoyodyer on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. Its an affordable luxury car. Steps to the next level. Beautiful Car Inside and Out. The fuel sucks. But it is 2.49 a gallon. But I love the car. I'm a Happy Camper!

Excellent but....
By Good Looking on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice car but the body resembles the Solara way too much

HarWadd's Lexus Review
By H. Waddington on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

When I traded down to the ES from a GS I was prepared to be disappointed. to the contrary I am extremely pleased with the performance and fuel efficiency of the ES. I am totally satisfied! Peerformance is fabulous and the car is fun to drive.

Excellent
By J HAYZ on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Lexus ES 330 is a outstanding car. I have owned mine for a year and I am extremely happy with it. I will definitely buy another Lexus in the future.

Excellent
By Alina Espinosa on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Before buying my lexus I test drove BMW, Mercedes, & others. I am very happy with my Lexus and I'm ready to buy another. The dealer is wonderful when I take it in for service, that's just an oil change and air filter never any other problems.

acceleration very poor
By seawolf on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The new and "improved" computer controlled throttle is dangerous. The vehicle hesitates for one to two seconds whenever the accelerator is pressed; generally, when you need to move out or over, there is no pick up at all. Even the Lexus mechanics told me they would not drive it.

ES 330
By L.Hedden on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After owning a 2002 es300 this 2004 has several outstanding improvements. The mileage, power, comfort, stereo, seats, handling, and general overall design has been GREATLY improved. The 2002 es300 was a great car and we had over 23,000 miles on it, but the opportunity became available to upgrade to the 2004 and it was a very pleasent surprise! The color, interior and accessories, are all identical to the 2002, but it has so many little improvements, that this was definitely the right thing to do. Service at the dealers has been exceptional.