2004 Lexus ES 330 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (222 reviews )
ES 330 Bad Transmission
By billp1 on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My ES 330 has a transmission that has significant hesitation between gears. I reccomend not buying this car. This is Toyota's premier car line and the transmission doesn't even work correctly.

I should have bought two of them!
By Cordova on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After searching for the right car,I chose a Lexus over Infinity BMW,Acura,Volvo,Saab,Jaguar and Mercedes.My experience with the Lexus dealership was wonderful and was the most professionally run dealership I visited.The quality of this car is simply AMAZING! This was by far the QUIETEST car I drove.The Fit,finish,and performance of this car was better than any of the other brands. I got a 3.75% interest rate and got a heck of a deal on the car too. I only wish I could have purchased TWO of them.

2004 Treat!
By KKN on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent customer service car manufacturer! Reliable, classy, and fun vehicle. We are thrilled with our purchase and will enjoy it for many years.

solid car, but should have done research
By hogan1 on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car has been good by all acounts except the transmission. It hesitates, slips into 4th and has a "jerk" to it at low speeds. I have had it in the shop on 3 different occasions and have been told the dealer can do no more. There are several customers with the same problem as I found out when I went to the NHTSA web site. This is a software problem with this car and the RX330, please do more investigating than I did.

lexus es 330
By marianne granier on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

super driving ,i think its better then bmw i'm a german and had on,lexus is much better riding and handling vehicle exellent service toooooooo the best frome sewell is free car washes good maint. all in one super car marianne

Great Value
By GrantJ on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great car! Great value for the price. Gas mileage is very good for a car of its size. I don't think the new design is as sharp as the old version 300 but when you sit down in this car you know its a quaility automobile. Don't think I agree with the decisssion to change the body style in 2003 and in 04 change the version from 300 to 330. I would expect Lexus to have changed the number when the body style was change,

I Might Buy It Again
By MCG on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Like others, I have noticed transmission issues. Stopping at a stop sign and immediately starting again confuse the tranny. I have not had problems elsewhere. Freeway driving, merging, acceleration to get out of a jam...all excellent. No pull to the left issues w/mine. Drive the one you're going to buy. The interior is beautiful, comfy and convenient. The CD changer in the center console limits storage capacity. For the HP, the car is not responsive from 0, but, handles driving at speed nicely. I also like the Comfort vs. Sport suspension adjustment - it provides a noticeable difference in ride and handling. Beautiful car-should perform better.

LEXUS ES 330
By RAMA SEELAM on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

HIGHLY RECOMENDED, BEST CAR FOR THE PRICE. FUN TO DRIVE AND IT IS SUCH A COMFARTABLE RIDE IT FEELS LIKE YOU ARE DRIVING IN AIR RATHER THAN ON ROAD.

Great car
By Donna Millard on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Greta cra, reliable, comfortable

I love my Lex
By Shar D. on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I got my new Lexus in December and have been very satisfied. It rides like a dream and handles beautifully. I got the mist green and the color is great. The steering wheel is so comfortable with its wood and leather inserts. It is a great looking car that lives up to the reputation of Lexus. I must say my dealer (Lexus of New Haven) has also been wonderful. Service is reliable and you are treated courteously. My husband drives a LS400 from them and we would not hesitate to purchase from them again. If you are considering a Lexus....go drive the ES330...you'll be hooked.