Used 2004 Lexus ES 330 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews - 225 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (225 reviews )

Fantastic!!
By Paul

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a 17 year old who bought a '04 ES330 after I wrecked my original car ('05 Accord Hybrid). This car is absolutely amazing, I am a petrol head who loves cars and this car is my favorite of the five I've driven. My Honda was good but this car handles so much better and is so quiet on the road sometimes you forget you are even driving. As a young kid obviously I would like it to be a bit faster and better on acceleration but yet i've never had a problem merging on the highway or getting out of my neighborhood. This car has surpassed all expectations that I had for it as I bought it with 155k miles, it hasn't had any problems besides the normal maintenance (oil change, brake pads etc). I would recommend this car to any parent or teenager who is looking for their first car, it's reliable and when it needs to be: quick. Overall a great car and an excellent cruiser I love taking road-trips with it and you will too.

371,000mi AND GOING STRONG!
By David S.

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the ES330 used, with about 50,000mi. We have since put 321,000 MILES ON IT and it runs like a champ. Trans is just starting to pick up quirks, and we need new rear struts. We have replaced the A/C compressor and 2 alternators, as well as normal brake and oil changes- THAT'S IT. We live in the woods in Florida and our dirt road is punishing, but the car has held up staggeringly well. It's still VERY smooth, comfortable and quiet when cruising at 85mph. Will post again when we reach 400,000mi!

CAR DID ITS JOB PROTECTING HUMAN LIFE...
By Rossen

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

During my ownership I have not had a single issue with the car despite purchase with 206,000 previous miles... I've driven 40-50k miles on it each year for the past 3 years. It has never been in the shop for anything other than oil changes every 3,000 miles, timing belts, brakes, fluids, etc. Engine pulls very strongly and the transmission is smooth. If you take care of these cars, they will take excellent care of you.

Car is quiet and well composed. Sitting inside the car one cannot hear the engine unless you floor it, then a confident growl will emit from the hood under hard acceleration.

What leaves my head spinning is the structural solidity and safety of this car. Thursday evening I was (HIT AND RUN) struck by a semi who switched lanes and failed to see me. The force of the impact slammed me off the highway and authorities estimate my car rolled a dozen times. My sunroof was open and my phone and wallet flew out during the rollover. The side curtain airbags deployed as expected and created a safety blanket that shielded me from glass and road debris. the EMT's arrived and found me with not a single scratch. They were absolutely shocked that I walked away unharmed. Of course the car was a total loss and my insurance company called me the next day and offered me just south of 7,000 towards another vehicle. I was crying as it was towed not only because my car fought so valiantly to protect me, but because of the bond I've formed with - a machine

What a great car!!!!
By bigswol34

2004 Lexus ES 330 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I truly love my car! Not only is it great on gas, but on a long stretch of road, this car is SUPER quiet! I can't even imagine me trading it in. I'm going to drive it until it dies on me! I will always and forever be a Lexus fanatic!

Great Car
By davekies

GREAT car.
Had a 98 Camry (272K) which was flawless but started to rust.
Always loved the looks and quality of Lexus and when I picked up my ES 330 and drove it home (3 hours) is was the quietest ride I’ve ever been in-even @ 100 mph : ) Stereo is great (musician w/ VERY picky ear when it comes to audio).
4 door speakers-2 front tweeters-8”stock woofer do the trick.
Added my aftermarket 400W amp and 10” kick that added NOTHING to the quality.
Only had 60K (7,500/year) so it’s like new as most Lexus owners baby their babies!
Click in the steering wheel (steering shaft-$800) but that is it.
Have been asked if it's new many times. Don’t think I’ll ever buy anything but Lexus from now on!