2015 Lexus ES 300h Sedan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Lexus ES 300h Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (6 reviews )

My favorite car to date!
By RUA

2015 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love driving this car. I had a BMW 3 series convertible before my Lexus, which I loved up until I sold it at 168,000. I didn't think I'd love another car like my BMW. But, I do! I love my Lexus hybrid even more.

It's so comfortable. It handles beautifully. I commute over 100 miles a day, so comfort, reliability, gas mileage were my primary concerns this go around. I have to say, I enjoy my car so much I look forward to driving it. I don't mind my commute at all. I like the mouse feature for the navigation system. After a month or two I feel very comfortable using it. The car has everything, so I am never bored with music. Between my Satellite Radio, Bluetooth, Pandora, and CD (which I've never had to use, yet) I am always singing in the car

I haven't used the enform representative feature that comes free for a year as I feel like I am bugging someone if I ring them for questions. It's just me, I know that's their job. Be careful eating in the car as crumbs can fall into the the little holes in the upholstery that heat and cool your seats, otherwise it's perfect to me.

great choice
By Michele

2015 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

very quiet, smooth, comfortable. I haven't had any maintenance, repair or dealership support needs- therefor the N/A. Navigation doesn't react well to voice command and isn't up to date. Acceleration is good in economy mode, best in sport mode if you need it34

You can always get what you want
By Brian Magnuson

2015 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had wanted a Lexus over an Avalon but didn't think I could find the right mix of features for the right price. End of the year sales deals allowed significant savings, even over car buying service pricing. Having driven Toyota's for years, the value and quality increase in a Lexus is clearly evident and will likely make me a Lexus buyer in the future. My only regret would be the loss in trunk space to allow for hybrid battery storage but the long term fuel savings of 40 mpg vs 24 mpg (combined) make the regret easy to get over.

Why do the rotors need turning after 3000 miles??
By Cheryl Maggi

2015 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fourth Lexus and second hybrid. At first, it was a dream to drive. Very comfortable and solid on the road, plenty of responsiveness in corners and in braking. As it is mostly driven by a little old lady on Sundays, I assumed it would be as reliable as the last couple. I was wrong. On the first scheduled maintenance visit, we noted the the Ac no longer blew cold and the brakes felt a little mushy. After two days at the dealership, we were informed that rodents had chewed several wires, causing the AC to no longer work, the radio to act funny, and other sundry issues that showed up during a thorough inspection. Also, asphalt had caked the underside of the car, causing the rotors to need to be turned. They suggested that we contact our insurance agency to get all this fixed. I think this is ridiculous, as the previous cars never had a problem with asphalt caking, or AC losing freon, or the radio stations not wanting to change after several minutes of scanning. I am very unhappy with this, and am looking into other cars.

Have enjoyed this car even more than I anticipated
By Carl Inman

2015 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have owned a Lexus in the past, but this is my first Hybrid. Would be completely satisfied except my friend has car exactly like mine and he is averaging 43 miles per gallon over 12000 miles and I am averaging 38.9 through 2500 miles. Guess I have to work on my Hybrid driving skills if I am going to catch him.