Used 2014 Lexus ES 300h Sedan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Lexus ES 300h Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (11 reviews )

Love the car so far!
By Kirsten Hagen

jala201
By jala11

2014 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

i bought the car in 2014 Dec. LEXUS ES300H .on the value paper it was written that it has 39 city and 40 highway mileage, and also need to use regular gas. since i bought this car in 2014 i never ever get this many millage i don't know how are they claiming that es300h give this many millage. i don't know where they claiming i m only getting 34-35 mile pr gallen 13.26% variation , useally it should be giving more mileage then it was showing. in August this year i had incident i was back up the car from my driveway and the car was park on other side of the road i touch the car i had back up camera was on but the blind spot monitor was not working and it dosent beep so i come out from the car and look there was damage on my bumper.long story short i called LEXUS they ask me to take the car to dealer thy check my car and said due to the impact on the bumper blind spot monitor not working, they didn't take bumper of and look at that, if this car has bsm break down by touching other car then it is not belong to the road its should look good in show room .

A great car
By Don Nattkemper

2014 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Of 50 years of buying all types of cars, I can honestly say that this 2014 Lexus hybrid beats them all hands down. As I trade cars every two or three years I have ordered a Tesla Model X and it breaks my heart to have to part with my 300h but no garage space to keep it. It's the best car I have ever owned.

Tons of "Normal" Defects
By Ryan

2014 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'll start by saying I believe the issues I had with a brand new 2014 Lexus ES300H was due to a defective car, not consistent with others. I simply have to assume this is the case. I had two major issues never resolved which forced me to break the lease and sell the car. #1 - after 6 months of owning the car, when the car reaches about 30 miles an hour, a large rattle would occur lasting a few seconds. I took it to the Santa Monica Lexus repair shop. I was able to demonstrate the issue during a test drive with the head shop foreman. After 1 week in the shop they identified the issue as being the heat shield. The heat shield was "repaired", I picked up the car, the problem returned. This went on for 2 more visit before I gave up and took it to another Lexus repair shop. Long story short, that repair shop stated the sound is "normal" and therefore didn't want to repair it. The sound was very loud. Not possible to have a sound like that on any new car. The second problem had to do with the A/C. Each time I started my car with the A/C already in the 'ON' position, a mildew smell would come out the vents. I was told this is caused by a buildup of water in the engine area, also considered "Normal". The advice was to turn the AC off before starting the car which is ridiculous for a brand new car. Between these two issues and the terrible service, I decided to bite the bullet by getting out of the lease (at a significant cost). I am happy to be rid of the car and will never by a Lexus again.

My First Lexus
By John Alexander

2014 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned Toyotas for years and still have and love my Land Cruiser. My wife drives an Avalon which has given us great service over the years. I built my Lexus 300H online last year and got it just as I specified. It has exceeded my expectations for a year and I can't believe I waited until last year to get one. The Fire Agate Pearl color is just beautiful and I have no regrets in getting my first Lexus whatsoever.