2014 Lexus ES 300h Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Lexus Es-300h - Consumer Reviews

2014 Lexus ES 300h Sedan

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (6 reviews )

Lov'n this car
By mpgsaver13

2014 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned this car for two months now and feel ready to give a review. I traded in my 06 Acura TL. My daily commute is 140 hwy miles round trip (Oakland to Stockton, CA). I drive over two large hill ranges, dare I say, one is mountainous. 98% of my driving is hwy miles and my mileage is amazing. If I drive 70-75 mph, I'll get 39-41mpg, while if I go 65-69 mph, I can get 42 mpg. I've tried just about every way to drive. Easy going, to "really" easy going and in ECO mode gets me the same as in Normal mode. In sport mode and driving really hard I'm getting 34- 35 but again that's fast at every turn, on ramp, and passing other cars.

Favorite Features

As for the rest, I'm loving the Siri eyes free, the Super quiet ride, virtually no engine noise, and the smooth ride. Some other reviews say it's a rough ride but I don't believe them. I Love the luxurious feel. Power is definitely sufficient and fun especially when in Sport mode.

Suggested Improvements

Most models have the Nuluxe aka leatherette, I wish I would have got one with all real leather. I believe that's in the Ultra luxury package. Suggest Lexus add the drivers seat lumbar adjustment to go up and down also, not just forward and aft.

great
By brendan23

2014 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

it is a great car and i have been getting 40 mpg on the road. i don't get how people get like 26 mpg they must be driving fast.

Favorite Features

the smooth ride is great and the seats are very comfortable.

Excellent luxury hybrid!
By oreoelsa

2014 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We just bought this car in late January, so we havenít put in as many miles as some other folks. Having said that, I have a daily commute averaging 100 miles, so I think I am qualified to write a review on this car by now :) To put it simply, if your objective is to purchase a nice, luxurious family car that is beautiful inside and out and gives excellent gas mileage, then you simply just canít go wrong with this car. For context, we purchased the Ultra Premium Luxury package with the Mark Levinson audio system. While this car may not be the fastest luxury car out there (spend another $50,000 in change and get a Tesla Model S then), it is a phenomenal grand touring car, no question.

Favorite Features

The interior is beautifully crafted and the cabin is whisper quiet at highway speeds. Second, the leather seats in this car are far more comfortable than the ones in my earlier BMW 5-series, which were a bit on the firm side (as European cars tend to be. Third, the rear seat in this car is stupendous; in fact, the rear seat legroom (41.9 inches) is MORE than that in the 2nd row of the Honda Odyssey (40.9 inches), seriously! When you combine all this with the best sound system Iíve heard in a car Ė yes, the Mark Levinson (15 speakers, 830W) in this Lexus is better than the Bang & Olufsen in the BMW Ė it is no wonder that my kids want to take this Lexus every time we go somewhere :)

Extraordinary Hybrid
By rzca

2014 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We traded our RX 450 h, which we loved, for a bit better fuel mileage - boy did we get it. Driving home from the dealer, all highway, the car averaged 39 MPG at speeds between 65 and 75. It was smooth, eerily quiet and handled extremely well. If you don't drive it like a race car and accelerate smoothly and hold your speeds nicely, you WILL get the mileage claimed. Others who complain about the mileage do NOT drive that way - we have owned five hybrids and that IS always the case. The complainers never drive the way the car was designed. We also love the lengthened body - it provides a great deal of leg room in the back - our taller, larger passengers love it!

Favorite Features

Interior; leather; audio, electronics; rear sunshades; amazing seating; ambient lighting; large, easy to read navigation screen; beautifully appointed interior; super quiet and smooth ride; gas mileage!; very nice handling; lovely new exterior; thoughtful placement of all the controls; easy to read manuals.

Suggested Improvements

So far we have not owned the car long enough to decide what we would improve. I am sure, like in all things, something could have been a bit better. But for now it is all smiles!

Most uncomfortable Lexus I have ever owned
By hmbcoastsider

2014 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned a Lexus for 13 years and and always loved them. So I was hoping for a similar experience when I bought the 2014 Lexus ES 300h, premium package. The car drives fine, although there is that hesitation every time you start up after stopping, which is common with many hybrids. But the problem is the ventilated seat. It is very uncomfortable. It is so bad that my back hurts every time I drive it. I complained and the service manager acknowledged "some" people feel just like me and offered to put extra cushioning in the back, although that would void the ventilation; I said OK and although better, it is still a terrible seat which makes me hate this car more and more every day.

Favorite Features

Hybrid is quiet and has adequate power.

Suggested Improvements

Interior and exterior design is bland. No style. Look at any other car in this price range and you'll see style in the design, not here. Driver has terrible storage facilities. Hard to get into and see into properly. Seat is terrible, like a cushion covering rocks. Just dreadful. Impossible to seat comfortably.