2014 Lexus ES 300h - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (5 reviews )
great
By brendan23 on 07/30/14 11:20 AM (PDT)

2014 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

it is a great car and i have been getting 40 mpg on the road. i don't get how people get like 26 mpg they must be driving fast.

Excellent luxury hybrid!
By oreoelsa on 03/03/14 14:03 PM (PST)

2014 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We just bought this car in late January, so we havenít put in as many miles as some other folks. Having said that, I have a daily commute averaging 100 miles, so I think I am qualified to write a review on this car by now :) To put it simply, if your objective is to purchase a nice, luxurious family car that is beautiful inside and out and gives excellent gas mileage, then you simply just canít go wrong with this car. For context, we purchased the Ultra Premium Luxury package with the Mark Levinson audio system. While this car may not be the fastest luxury car out there (spend another $50,000 in change and get a Tesla Model S then), it is a phenomenal grand touring car, no question.

Extraordinary Hybrid
By rzca on 01/23/14 06:20 AM (PST)

2014 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We traded our RX 450 h, which we loved, for a bit better fuel mileage - boy did we get it. Driving home from the dealer, all highway, the car averaged 39 MPG at speeds between 65 and 75. It was smooth, eerily quiet and handled extremely well. If you don't drive it like a race car and accelerate smoothly and hold your speeds nicely, you WILL get the mileage claimed. Others who complain about the mileage do NOT drive that way - we have owned five hybrids and that IS always the case. The complainers never drive the way the car was designed. We also love the lengthened body - it provides a great deal of leg room in the back - our taller, larger passengers love it!

Most uncomfortable Lexus I have ever owned
By hmbcoastsider on 12/08/13 20:20 PM (PST)

2014 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned a Lexus for 13 years and and always loved them. So I was hoping for a similar experience when I bought the 2014 Lexus ES 300h, premium package. The car drives fine, although there is that hesitation every time you start up after stopping, which is common with many hybrids. But the problem is the ventilated seat. It is very uncomfortable. It is so bad that my back hurts every time I drive it. I complained and the service manager acknowledged "some" people feel just like me and offered to put extra cushioning in the back, although that would void the ventilation; I said OK and although better, it is still a terrible seat which makes me hate this car more and more every day.

first 300 miles - very poor mpg
By g17w17 on 10/16/13 19:30 PM (PDT)

2014 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very Poor mpg. Not even close. Barely 26 mpg, 50% highway 50% city Speed was maintained withing limits ( 65m/h), driving, eco mode ( even I hate it) I feel cheated.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Lexus ES 300h in VA is:

$217 per month*