2013 Lexus ES 300h Consumer Review: Lexus surprises me again

2013 Lexus ES 300h - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Lexus surprises me again
By jay24 on

2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I took delivery of this car recently for my wife. This is the third Lexus I have owned in the last 20 years. The car has attributes that aren't discussed in reviews. Example it emits an purposeful sound when driving slowly in EV mode to alert pedestrians to your presence. The stereo without the Mark Levinson upgrade is impressive especially with a whisper quiet interior. As to noise levels, Lexus has not insulated us from outside sounds but dialed them down somehow. I like the ratcheted head rests and the seats. I see no need for a gear shift yet one is there. Interior lighting is dynamic in that evidently it changes depending on what you are doing.

Under mirror puddle lamps and interior lights greet you as you approach vehicle. Stereo is detailed and pleasant as is hd radio. Ride and feel are top shelf. Ambient noise is not eliminated but reduced to a whisper. Gauges and nav screen are attractive. Enform is helpful. You speak to an operator and they send your destination to your nav system. Fit and finish are outstanding. Lexus knows how to get zen into a car. Purchased car from Lexus North Miami from Matthew Silva he was pleasant and decent to work with.

Trunk is small to hold battery pack. Center Arm rest is a little lower than I would like. Key fob is large. I would have liked a wider nav screen as is in the GS and LS model. Minor complaints for such a well executed car considering the competition.