Absolutely Wonderful Car
By guidobill on
2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I put 120K trouble free miles on my Altima Hybrid. Really liked the Altima This is basically the same car since Nissan "borrowed" Toyota technology. I expect the same reliability from the Lexus. The difference is in the luxury ride and feel of the Lexus, as well as the outstanding build quality. I get 37 to 40 mpg in mixed driving. Now have 11K miles on Lexus and it has been reliable. The hybrid technology is not "state of the art" but I like that. It's proven. The Nickel Hydride batteries are "bulletproof."
Favorite Features
I got he "ultra-luxury" package with the adaptive cruise control and Mark Levinson sound system, etc.. Worth the extra $11K. It makes the car seem like a $100K luxury model with 3 exceptions. They will be noted in suggested improvements.
Suggested Improvements
My Altima had a 20 gal gas tank. ES300h has only 17gal. Driver's seat should be more comfortable. Drove the Lexus LS Sport. That car has good seats. Outside mirrors don't have power fold in when car is parked. The 3rd stop light should be above rear window (as on LS Lexus) or on spoiler. Altima had a compartment for sunglasses. This car doesn't have one. The interior of the Toyota Avalon is less attractive but more functional. Should have exhaust styled like on the LS model.