After 4 years, finally found the car we wanted...
By mdsofky on
2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
My wife and I had been looking for four years to replace our 12 year old Honda Accord EX (which we loved and still runs well). We started casually looking on our anniversary weekend four years ago, but wanted lots of tech, and options that wouldn't be outdated soon. Wanted Bluetooth (phone and audio), blind-side detection, apps (Pandora, etc.), hybrid technology for good gas mileage (that didn't "feel" or look like traditional hybrid), nice quality, etc. We had looked at a Ford Fusion, Honda Accord (although I know there is not a hybrid yet), Buick Regal, Buick Verano (like our Buick Enclave a lot so were considering other Buicks). Ended up test driving ES300h and knew this was the one.
Favorite Features
All the tech stuff (Blind Side warning works GREAT!!), love the pairing my iPhone and having access to songs, play lists, etc. and not have to be cabled to car (need IOS 6.0 to get to the playlists to change to artist, album ,etc., otherwise just plays current playlist). Hybrid is the quietest, silky smooth car I've ever driven (and has some nice get up and go when needed). Great fuel efficiency. HUGE leg room in back. Nicely appointed without being overdone. Wanted touch screen and dreaded the "mouse" but surprisingly, it has become very easy to use (and you can get to most stuff with a single button on dash too). Like new external styling too. I think it's actually fun to drive!!
Suggested Improvements
More apps (which I guess will come since system is updatable). We use Enform Destination Assist too (which allows you to talk to live person to have them load your destination for you, like Onstar), and wish there was a single button to click like on our Buick, but using mouse to get to Destination Assist isn't that bad (just trying to come up with SOMETHING that I don't like about the car, but can't). Maybe it was the priciest of the cars we looked at, but we are truly satisfied