2013 Lexus ES 300h - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (17 reviews )
Lexus surprises me again
By jay24 on 06/11/13 08:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I took delivery of this car recently for my wife. This is the third Lexus I have owned in the last 20 years. The car has attributes that aren't discussed in reviews. Example it emits an purposeful sound when driving slowly in EV mode to alert pedestrians to your presence. The stereo without the Mark Levinson upgrade is impressive especially with a whisper quiet interior. As to noise levels, Lexus has not insulated us from outside sounds but dialed them down somehow. I like the ratcheted head rests and the seats. I see no need for a gear shift yet one is there. Interior lighting is dynamic in that evidently it changes depending on what you are doing.

Great Car with Disappointing MPG
By max55fisher on 05/14/13 09:38 AM (PDT)

2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I find the car a joy to ride in and drive. The seats are especially supportive and comfortable and long road trips are a pleasure. The ride is smooth, the acceleration is powerful and makes merging with traffic, under any condition, a breeze. The cabin is very quite and there's plenty of room both front and rear. We are a bit disappointed with the mileage we've been getting, though. The car computer calculation differs by about 7-10% from what I calculate. We've been averaging 37-38 mpg for mixed city/highway driving. We were expecting better! Overall we thing it's a great car and we'd buy it again.

Wife loves it, but I think it's over rated....
By chad_shephard on 02/03/13 16:45 PM (PST)

2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

first, want to thank all the reviews. My wife has waited for the updated ES350h for a while now. Overall, a good car, but I don't think the value is there. Hopefully with the yen dropping so much lately, the future buyer will reap the benefit. We wanted base model but went with premium pkg. Very difficult to get with with base model. On quick note: We have 2 major dealers in Atlanta area. The dealers were very cocky. Not very customer focus.

MARK LEVINSON IS WORST EVER!
By mnissan on 01/09/13 07:25 AM (PST)

2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I know this maybe hard to believe but the Lexus USA customer service is the WORST. I had to do all the follow up! The car itself is fine but the optional Mark Levinson sound system is horrible. Do NOT purchase this option!!! Please understand I have been very reasonalble with the cusotmer care reps and they dont even care. This will be the last Lexus I purchase if something is not done about the sound system.

After 4 years, finally found the car we wanted...
By mdsofky on 11/27/12 10:47 AM (PST)

2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I had been looking for four years to replace our 12 year old Honda Accord EX (which we loved and still runs well). We started casually looking on our anniversary weekend four years ago, but wanted lots of tech, and options that wouldn't be outdated soon. Wanted Bluetooth (phone and audio), blind-side detection, apps (Pandora, etc.), hybrid technology for good gas mileage (that didn't "feel" or look like traditional hybrid), nice quality, etc. We had looked at a Ford Fusion, Honda Accord (although I know there is not a hybrid yet), Buick Regal, Buick Verano (like our Buick Enclave a lot so were considering other Buicks). Ended up test driving ES300h and knew this was the one.

Unique model with some minor shortcomings
By jpallen01 on 10/11/12 18:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I purchased this car 2 weeks ago and we have nearly 1000 miles on it already. We are generally very pleased with it. It has a ton of room in the front and rear seats. It is very quiet, the ride is excellent and the handling is capable. We anticipate the fuel mileage will be in the 40 range when we stop playing with it. Currently we are getting 36MPH in mixed driving. The controls are well thought out but the Lexus Enform and Navigation Tech is taking a little getting use to. I hope they will update the software with some better navigation of the menus. But the Tech is still very cool. The Hybrid system rocks! Changes from motor to battery with hardly a notice! Its a keeper.

First time Lexus and Hybrid Owner - former "German-Only" car buyer
By g007 on 09/30/12 12:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was in the market for a vehicle that had a roomy back seat and good fuel economy and AWD or front-wheel drive for driving in snow. I had a VW CC and looked at the Passat Diesel and Audi A8L. I've owned only German vehicles because I like how they drive (Mercedes GL320, Porsche Boxter, VW Touareg, CC, and GTI). The new 2013 Lexus ES300 caught my eye because of the 40 inch rear leg room, and 40 mpg in city and highway. Plus, it uses regular fuel. My German cars required premium fuel and diesel is not always convenient. I never cared for the Lexus styling as I thought it was rather bland. However, the new horizontal dash resembles the BMW styling and is much more stylish than the VW.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Lexus ES 300h in VA is:

$128 per month*