Used 2013 Lexus ES 300h Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lexus Es-300h - Consumer Reviews

2013 Lexus ES 300h

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (17 reviews )

Absolutely Wonderful Car
By guidobill

2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I put 120K trouble free miles on my Altima Hybrid. Really liked the Altima This is basically the same car since Nissan "borrowed" Toyota technology. I expect the same reliability from the Lexus. The difference is in the luxury ride and feel of the Lexus, as well as the outstanding build quality. I get 37 to 40 mpg in mixed driving. Now have 11K miles on Lexus and it has been reliable. The hybrid technology is not "state of the art" but I like that. It's proven. The Nickel Hydride batteries are "bulletproof."

Favorite Features

I got he "ultra-luxury" package with the adaptive cruise control and Mark Levinson sound system, etc.. Worth the extra $11K. It makes the car seem like a $100K luxury model with 3 exceptions. They will be noted in suggested improvements.

Suggested Improvements

My Altima had a 20 gal gas tank. ES300h has only 17gal. Driver's seat should be more comfortable. Drove the Lexus LS Sport. That car has good seats. Outside mirrors don't have power fold in when car is parked. The 3rd stop light should be above rear window (as on LS Lexus) or on spoiler. Altima had a compartment for sunglasses. This car doesn't have one. The interior of the Toyota Avalon is less attractive but more functional. Should have exhaust styled like on the LS model.

Two Lexus ES300h Great gas mileage
By steising

2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought 2 ES300h hybrids in December 2012. My wife and I drive them to work every day. I keep meticulous records and since the first day I bought the cars I get an actual 40.1 mpg and my wife gets 36 mpg. I get better gas mileage in the city than on the highway. The last two months I have been getting about 45.5 mpg and my has been getting 38.5. We love this car. We traded in 2011 ES350 and 2011 RX450's. We went from 25 mpg in the ES and 17 mpg with premium gas in the RX. I read a review for the ES300h 2014 where the person said they were getting 25 mpg. They must drive poorly as I drive 5 miles over the speed limit everywhere I go and I get the mpg on the sticker.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, quietness, luxury, and quality. This is the only hybrid I would consider.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the heating and cooling controls were on buttons rather part of the LCD screens.

Front driver seat is bad
By russell42

2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The front drivers seat hurts my leg and is uncondortable

All I expected but . . .
By selkirk2

2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned my ES300h for six months and have enjoyed almost everything about the car. It is perfect, for me, except that the fuel consumption (mainly in town), is poor averaging between 7.2 and 7.9 litres per 100 kms - Lexus tell me it will improve but so far no joy. Probably biggest irritation is the GPS - only one voice available and that not to my liking; no Spanish or French option; and it seldom understands my (english) accent! Oh, and the trunk is small. Otherwise, beautiful car. Happy camper I am.

Favorite Features

Comfort, quiet ride, adaptive cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Improve GPS which simply is not nearly as good as my old $150 unit!

First time hybrid owner
By johnnyrainbow

2013 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Up until now, hybrids looked like, well.....hybrids. Little bug like vehicles that got great mileage but that's where it stopped. This thing, this 300h, has the looks, reliability, fuel efficiency, comfort and luxury we've been waiting for. Being only $2,500.00 more than it's gas only brother, the ES350, Lexus did us a great favor. The extra dollars spent up front really gets made up in the great fuel economy in just a few years, versus 10-12 years with a lot of hybrids.

Favorite Features

Favorite Features: It takes regular gas, not premium!! Great exterior styling and interior comfort. Very well thought out interior. Quiet Comfortable Great sound system that comes standard Love the lane exchange, rear vehicle warnings Love the park assist Plenty of pep

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I can see would be to redesign the joy stick that navigates the on screen programs. Just a bit clumsy but I'm getting used to it. Other than that, a tremendous value for years to come.