Used 2013 Lexus ES 300h Sedan Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lexus ES 300h Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (20 reviews )

My wife's luxury ride is better than expected!
By Peter

2013 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This 2013 300h is a great luxury car. My other car is a Porsche Twin Turbo, and yes the 300 h is only a 8 second car to 60 and the Twin Turbo is a 4sec car, but the 300h really handled well in sport mode on a trip up the Pacific Coast Highway. It is a great highway cruiser, has averaged 37 plus mpg over the 25000 miles we have driven it and does everything you could ask of a great family sedan! Service and maintenance have been very low, virtually nothing. Knowing both what I have learned about Lexus and Toyota, I would have bought the Toyota Avalon hybrid, as the 300h and the Avalon were jointly developed and the drive trains are identical! The Avalon is slightly less expensive and more importantly, the service on the Avalon is free, whereas ou pay for the Lexus service after the first free service!!!

Great reliable commute car
By David

2013 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have enjoyed this vehicle on my 2 hours daily commutes.

Honestly love this car
By E.L.

2013 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had my ES300h for a little over a year and 20K miles. Even though it is not the strongest performance sedan, I knew this before buying it. I use this car to drive back and forth to work in traffic, occasionally take a weekend trip in it with my family. It's never let me down. It has great room for everyone, quiet (though not as quiet as my dad's LS), and very comfortable. Bonus is the great gas mileage in a luxury car (avg 38 in the spring, summer, fall and 34-35 in the winter). My only complaint is the slightly narrow seats as mentioned by some other reviewers. Like the mouse-like nav entertainment interface (though, did take some getting used to), and the dealership service is INCREDIBLE.

Not as quiet as ES model
By fsb123

2013 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my car in September 2013,traded in my 2007 ES350. First thing I noticed is a strong thumping noise when you start the car and put it in reverse when backing out of the driveway.
The same thumping noise is repeated when the car is in idle like when waiting for the traffic light to change like the battery is switching to gas.
I usually drive the car on ECO mode but I have never reached the 39 to 40 mpg advertised, my car is only averaging 30 mpg and on a average speed of only 29mph. I have the parchment interior which get dirty in no time. Interior amenities not as generous as the older ES350. Overall the car is satisfactory but not worth the premium price over the ES350.

Better mileage than regular gas engine, uses regular gas. Has the power and speed when needed in highway driving. Back up camera and parking assist features are great.

Interior amenities not user friendly and difficult to use when driving. Also features are not as generous compared to the older lexus es350 models.

Love Everything, EXCEPT...
By murphy50

2013 Lexus ES 300h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ok, everything is great, except the darn front seats.
The front seat cushion side bolsters dig into my hips and thighs.
It gets annoying and makes me want to dump the car.
Last years model had fantastic seats for the butt.
I am not fat - in fact I am skinny and tall, and in my early 40's.
If you have a slightly larger than average butt, you better sit in this awhile.
I do not like it and mad that I have to "get used to it"
I want everyone to know that this is something to look at, and what I consider a design mistake

It is very very smooth on all roads.

The front seat cushion side bolsters dig into my hips and thighs. It gets annoying and makes me want to dump the car. Go back to last years seats.