Best car experience. vanilla ice cream
By Robert in Miami on
2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
Bought the ES300 with 6 years and 36,000 miles on it. It was essentially as good as new, as it had been maintained by a Lexus dealership and driven less than 6,000 miles a year. I've driven it 12,000 miles in the first year and it has been just like the first year of a new car. No troubles at all. Flawless. A superbly built and engineered car, it does everything well and smoothly. I have noticed slight "hiccups" in the transmission but is hard to tell the conditions that create it. It happens about every 100 miles or so. Power is more than adequate but it's not a muscle car by any stretch. The local Lexus dealer service dept. advised me I will need to replace the engine mounts at 60,000K.
Favorite Features
Great interior. I love to caress it! A superbly smooth ride. A sense of luxury of a much more expensive car. Strides well and holds the road with authority. The brakes are responsive and are the best ABS system I've had, even compared to Infinity and BMW 7 series. The sound system is top notch.
Suggested Improvements
The fit between the front bumper and the front fenders dislodges easily with minor bumps. Needs to have a firmer fit. Apparently fixed in the ES350. Also the power issue was addressed in the ES350.