2003 Lexus ES 300 Consumer Review: First Lexus still remembering

2003 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Review

First Lexus still remembering my Benz
By First Lexus on

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First Lexus. I looked at all of the competition:Mercedes,Jaguar,BMW,Audi and Volvo.After owning a Benz my 1st thought was to get another one. After reading some reviews on Edmunds, I decided against it. As for the Lexus, good car but a little dull. I love the interior and the navigation and the overall space. I still havent gotten used to the exterior styling, the headlights in particular. I have had squeaks, rattles and a thumping sound in the trunk during initial acceleration. Turns out the dealer has been getting this complaint. Problem is when the gas tank is full, the fuel swishes and makes a pounding sound. Reliable, but vanilla.

Interior styling, guaranteed reliability, GPS is really super, room and dealer experience. Good value for the money.

Exterior styling more like the LS 430, twin tail pipes, thicker leather (seems to already show inordinate wear), fix the squeaks and rattles, more power and less exhaust sound, smoother transmission.