2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews 9

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (114 reviews )
Luxery with Style and Fun.
By jackpet1 on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned a somewhat basic ES300 for a year and love the vehicle. Opted only for leather & five CD changer, this package is dealer standard for this area. Fit and finish is superb and dealer experience is the best I have ever experienced. Previous cars: Porsche, Alfa, Camero, Maxima and a few dogs, this is the best! Now that the engine is broken in, power is enough to impress me. Maxima was quicker off the mark but not worth the rough edges and reliability issues.

Exceeds our expectations
By Suzanne Swetnam on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has exceeded our expectations in all arenas. We have put over 6000 miles on it in 3 months. It has had zero defects. On acceleration, it has more than enough power for us. We drive 70 miles per day on the interstate and it makes the drive seem short. On long trips, it has gotten 28 to 30 mpg. In town 25 mpg.

Quality at an affordable price
By Masked Bandit on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy this car and am glad I was able to get it. I used to have the 94 ES 300 and I never had any problems with it, so got this car because of my previous experience with it.

beware of this car
By DISAPPTED on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I thought that when I was buying a Lexus, I was getting a reliable and quality vehicle. So I was willing to pay the high price. But for over one year the car shutters at variuos speeds. The dealer admits the problem but say that they don't know how to fix it yet. At least they fixed the warped rotors.

Cush Over Muscle-Finally I Surrender!!
By Northeast Ohio Gal on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Coming from a sporty sedan background I was ready to jump into the "cushy" car catagory. Was it worth it? Most definetely! This car lets me forget my troubles with its smooth and quiet ride. After sitting on hard chairs all day I really enjoy the leather recliner- like feel in the driver's seat. I turn on my Mark Levison stereo and I am transcended into another world. Handeling has been awesome these last few snowey weeks. Handles as well as my daughter's all-wheel drive Passat. My smile just gets wider! I don't need a gas chomping, SUV tank to haul my 2 kids around. They fit nicely in my back seat.

What a change from GM
By Jerry Katz on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 45 years of driving mostly full size luxury cars, this Lexus is the first non-US car ever purchased. What a wonderful surprise. After only 3 weeks, has exceeded all my expectations but it might take some time getting used to sitting in a smaller vehicle.

That is my style
By Jerry Teng on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

it is a excellent car with great interior luxury and comfort, stylish, and many nice features which is optional to many German cars. I like the wood package most, it is so cozy. it is silver smooth and it is my style.

fun
By rickww on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing for the dealer to fix at the 1k checkup because everything was right. Rides nice and has plenty of power unless you are a policeman who gets paid for how many tickets he writes. Interior is a significant accomplishment for twice the price. Quality surrounds.

lovely lexus
By Lexi on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth,beautiful interior, reliable, extremely quiet. Best looking entry level luxury. Wish it used regular not premium fuel. Brakes are good, handling sufficient - no problems and dealership has been very professional. Liked it better than the Acura TL Type S and the G35. BMW 3 series too small and pricey.

lovely lexus
By lexi on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)