2003 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (113 reviews )
Four Months Review
By Dr. Stan Edelman on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Gorgeous car inside and outside. Extremely quiet ride. Pick up could be better. Front window fogs up easily, while back window defogger is poor. Brakes are excellent. Fuel mileage so far is only fair, averaging 15-16 mpg. Heated seats are excellent. Driveability is excellent. Next year they should increase the power of this wondeful car.

the pursuit of mediocrity
By joanna on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

having bought a new 1999 es 300 that i found flawless, i traded it in on a 2003 es 300 that has brought nothing but heartache. the ride and lexus premium sound system qualities are diminished as well as the interior quiet while driving. it's like a wind tunnel now. the sound system's midrange is tinny and thin while the bass booms with reverberation at normal volume. i've found no help from the dealer. my love affair with lexus is over.

Lexus is Luxury
By DanoDano on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this car for 3 weeks and have been pleased so far. We drove a BMW330i, Audi A4 and a Volkswagen Passat before buying the Lexus.Sitting in the Lexus for the first time, my wife and I looked at each other and said "wow, this is nice". Driving, the ES was serenly quiet, the Mark Levinson stereo and Nav system are great. What sold me more than anything on this car was the dealership experience. They were even going to deliver the car to our house and pick up the Acura we were trading in.....and we live 60 miles from the dealership.

Love this car
By cwdavis on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have 6,000 miles on it and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I enjoy the Adaptive Variable Suspension which transforms car from one of comfort to very sporty handling. I find the interior beautifully crafted and I like the front styling. It is extremely quiet and smooth. Lexus reliability is second to none.

Review of Lexus ES300 2003
By fyi_noyb on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third ES-300 and I have found all of them to be of excellent quality, reliable with above average dealer support.

Excellent car
By Josh Krut on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the finest car in its category.

New Owner - hard to evaluate reliability
By NewES300Owner on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really like the car, but one option that should be added - stereo controls on the steering wheel. Have only driven about 100 miles so i'm sure there's more to check out.

Beautiful auto!
By yeahright30 on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful car inside and out. Good amount off the sticker price these days too. I was able to get even lower than tmv. Absolutely the most gorgeous car for the price. especially the interior with leather and wood that is unsurpassed in its class.

First Lexus still remembering my Benz
By First Lexus on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First Lexus. I looked at all of the competition:Mercedes,Jaguar,BMW,Audi and Volvo.After owning a Benz my 1st thought was to get another one. After reading some reviews on Edmunds, I decided against it. As for the Lexus, good car but a little dull. I love the interior and the navigation and the overall space. I still havent gotten used to the exterior styling, the headlights in particular. I have had squeaks, rattles and a thumping sound in the trunk during initial acceleration. Turns out the dealer has been getting this complaint. Problem is when the gas tank is full, the fuel swishes and makes a pounding sound. Reliable, but vanilla.

Exceeds our expectations
By Suzanne Swetnam on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has exceeded our expectations in all arenas. We have put over 6000 miles on it in 3 months. It has had zero defects. On acceleration, it has more than enough power for us. We drive 70 miles per day on the interstate and it makes the drive seem short. On long trips, it has gotten 28 to 30 mpg. In town 25 mpg.