2003 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (113 reviews )
Pleasure to Drive
By Steve R. on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A beautiful car to look at, fun to drive. Slower accelertion than my wife's 2001 Avalon, but as the engine breaks in, the performance improves. Dash board is the best I've seen. An extremely comfortable car for long drives. Dealer is efficient and attentive in providing service. An all- round satisfying experience. Tough luck, Volvo owners.

LUXURY OVER HORSEPOWER
By HAROLD WILSON on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I TEST DROVE THE CADILLAC CTS,ACURA TL INFINITY I35 AND THE MAZDA DIAMANTE BEFORE I PURCHASED THE ES300.THEY ALL FELT CHEAP COMPARED TO THE LEXUS.THE TL WAS FASTER BUT NOT AS QUIET OR SMOOTHER.THE INTERIOR OF THE CADILLAC LOOKED TOO PLAIN COMPARED TO THE LEX.IF I WANTED POWER,I WOULD'VE PURCHASED A CORVETTE.THIS SMOOTH DRIVING CAR ATTRACTS A LOT OF ATTENTION.IN THE 30-40 THOSAND DOLLAR RANGE,THE ES300 IS THE ONLY TRUE LUXURY CAR AVAILABLE.

Lexus For Life
By Ms Takee on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned a Honda since remember driven I finally thought it was time to change and after test driven other LUXURY cars. The Lexus ES 300 is the best I found for price and performance so I guess I will drive a Lexus for Life

First Lexus
By First Timer on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at the Cadillac CTS and the Infiniti G35. Picked the Lexus based on reputation and front wheel drive (Chicago Winters) although the Cadillac and G35 were sportier. I have a 62 mile daily commute and enjoy the ride. Heated seats are a nice touch on the cold winter days.

Best car I ever owned
By d wilson on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Those people who say they want more power are pretty stupid They should be driving a Infiniti G35. Everyone needs to know; This is a luxury car folks!, not a race car! I drove every car in the luxury class and this is absolutley the best car I drove for the price. The ES 300 is awesome!! Drove to Vegas and it was like sitting in my family room chair.

Flawless First Lexus
By Brian Chadwick on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful build quality, first class ride, outstanding experience at the dealership sold me on this vehicle. I especially enjoy the navgigation system and practically SILENT ride. If you are looking for a luxury vehicle and don't want to spend more than $40k, this is the car for you. It is larger than a BMW 3 series, quieter than any Acura or Infiniti, and you are sure to have the best reliability experience from a Lexus.

Surprised at cost of service
By GRAMP on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

For the most part i am satisfied with the Es 300. I had a couple of rattles in the back door , but after two times the dealer took care of that problem. I was very surprised at the cost of service. 10,000 mile service cost $129.00, and i just called the dealership to find out the cost of 15,000 service-----HOW ABOUT-$359.00, so much for a LEXUS

Excellent
By Melanie Charmichael on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I thought tat tis vehicle was marvelous. It rode wonderfully and it was just like heaven drving it.

love my es300
By 3x Lexus owner on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

this is my third Lexus. I had a 97 es300, 2000 gs300 and now 2003 es300. I like this car the best, especially for the money.

Incredible comfort without power
By wizawuza on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car. Very classy and comfortable. Not a sporty sedan though. Go for the BMW if you want something faster. If you don't mind the lack of handling and speed, and you want something that's incredibly comfortable, large, and *reliable*, get the ES-300.