2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (113 reviews )
SOLID 10
By WILLIEG on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

THE BEST!! We Have owned over 75 new cars and none have ever come this close!

ES 300 analysis
By Tony Bass on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

our 2003 Lexus ES 300 is one of the worst riding cars we have ever owned. Its suspension system doesn't even small bumps making it very uncomfortable to drive/ride on all roads other than highways.

'03 Lexus ES 300
By toydriver on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just completed 500 mile trip in a new ES. Outstanding for quiet, comfortable ride, great stereo, and soft leather seats. Minimal to no road noise with Michelin tires. Fit and finish is perfect - as expected of Lexus. New 5- speed automatic transmission is very smooth. Plenty of head and leg room in front seats for six-footers. Lexus has made major improvements since the ES was redesigned last year. Averaged 27.5 mpg, and hope to improve on that after engine is completely broken in.

Wonderful vehicle
By J Bates on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2002 Camry for this and can't go on enough about this car. I was sold on Lexus after buying an RX 300 for my wife a year ago and couldn't wait to get my own. I have enjoyed the vehicle very much for the week and half I have now had it. Extremely quiet, rich in luxury amenitites and a pure joy to drive

The Legend
By Bhavin B. Mehta on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at Mercedez, Audi, Acura and a whole bunch of other cars. I decided to settle for a Lexus ES300 because all the features that I was getting as an option in some of the other vehicles were all standard in the ES300. It is a great drive. I already put in 1400 miles in the first 3 weeks. The dealer was great and definately deserves commendation.

My test of the Lexus ES300
By amf1932 on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Basically I'm very pleased with this car. The only thing that bother me is the new 5 speed transmission. Here's a brief example of what I mean: If I drive about 35mph and then slow down to about 5mph and than try to accelerate there is a hesitation. It's as if the transmission can not decide on what gear to go into. When it finally does there's a slight lurch forward. One other thing is a rattle that happened in the right rear. The dealer had to remove the rear door panels and do something to the insulation to correct it. There was a service bulletin about this problem. I didn't expect that on a brand new Lexus!

ES 300 (learn to love slowly)
By ccaveboy on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I bought this car, I wanted a solid car that would last and age well, ride nicely and get decent mileage. I did not want an accord or camry either. I reviewed at least a dozen cars and the ES 300 was always at the top of each category. After purchasing the car I have slowly learned it's little nuances and feel. I have grown to really appreciate just how solid a vehicle it is.

Ideal for wife
By pocketsoft on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car is very comfortable, and has complete set of luxury features. Small truning radius makes it easy to park. 5 speed transmission is very smooth and responsive. Gadgets are well defined and easy to read. Low cabine noise and soft suspenssion make ride very pleasant.

Great , but not like the previousES300s
By musicman2721 on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

1000 miles. Has an erratic transmission shift pattern. Was present in the 2002 models as well, and was suppose to be fixed by a software change, but it isn't. It is actually dangerous. If you release your gas pedal, and press it back to where it was you get a huge thump. You also find it very hesitantif going from say 27 to 40 mph. The delay is very noticeable, don't get into an intersection, and need immediate move. First Lexus says, the fix is delayed (shelved), and now theysay end of 2003. I don't think Lexus knows how to fix this 5 speed problem. It affects power because normal gas pedal pressing doesn't allow the transmission to shift quick enough.

super car
By sethster on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at all entry level luxury cars and imeadiatly was impressed with the quality feel and ride of this car. It is the quitest car We have ever owned and the comfort level is fantastic. After owning unreliable american cars, this car is a joy to drive. We actually look forward to driving again and running erands. We dident buy this car for sport or speed so the engine power is plenty. We love the luxury items and the the automatic controls that turn on everything.