2003 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (113 reviews )
Gary's ES300
By GaryN on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2000 ES300 before this and loved it, but the new car is so much better - very solid, excellent riding and handling. It took a while for me to get used to the new body style but I've learned to love it, and the interior is beautiful.

The Camry is just as nice
By dienberg on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The leather, wood, and soft materials are gorgeous. I especially like the alluminum skuff plates and the intricate interior lighting at night. The exterior fit and finish is perfect, unlike my mother's 2002 Camry. Both cars, however, have had their fair share of rattles and squeaks. I'll admit that there are definitely transmission shudders, but my 99 Solara exhibited the same characteristics. Whatever reviewer claims the noise levels are too high is nuts. If you don't need the extra warranty, the FANCY interior, or the extra soundproofing, save and get a LE V6 Camry. Overall, a solid best buy in the class.

Longed for the ES300 for three years
By New ES300 Owner on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, I love the car. It's a luxury car so I can't complain too much that it doesn't take off from a red light the way I would like. But after getting started, it really moves. I was warned that the Lexus could be a little noisy, but to me it's not unbearable.

Great Car!
By PJS on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I ever bought. It provides a higher level of comfort than most of its competitors for a fraction of the price.This an extremely refined car

Best car I've ever owned
By grisch on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

You have to understand the Lexus ES300 is the first non-American car I've ever purchased, so I may not be the best judge. Nonetheless, it is clearly the best car I have ever owned. I traded in a Buick I thought I loved and have never regretted it. I also test drove a Mercedes, a BMW, an Acura, a Cadillac CS and a Lincoln LS. In the end I still bought the Lexus. The ONLY thing I can say that the others had over the Lexus is exterior design. The Mercedes and BMW are "classier' looking and the Cadillac is just more interesting looking.

One great car
By corneadoc on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable car. The Mark Levinson sound system is incredible. I used to use Mapquest for trips but now rely on the Nav system in the car. A little sluggish to respond, at times. Very high quality.

ES 300 vs. others (Audi, Acura)
By lucky charm on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted luxury with reliability, roominess and performance for a good value. After a lot of research, including reading lots of these notes, Lexus ES 300 was the winner after test driving Audi (A6 3.0), Acura, Nissan Maxima, Linclon LS, and CTS. Would rate the others in that order. Just feels good to get into and drive the ES 300. Drive is solid yet smooth, and we have the comfort of Lexus reliability. Have had car for 2 mos, and would't change my mind. It delevers what we were told it would. Lexus dealership a pleasure to do business with.

One Great Car
By Gary Janssen on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had the ES 300 for a month but so far I am totally impressed with I have seen so far. We purchased the fully loaded version with the Nav and Mark Levinson stereo system. I find the ride to be great and use the active suspension on the way to work driving a bumpy curved filled road. My parents have a Delux Seville and said it rides better than their Caddy. For those who have said it needs more power I say for what? To me anyway it has more than enough power and was impressed with the pickup. I do however think the transmission could use a little work as I have found getting on the gas a low speeds cause some slightly rough shifting.

Quiet and smooth
By Ravens on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love the comfortable seats as this is my office away from home. I wanted a car that would last as long as my payments. I drive 40k a year so I took the lease for 39 months and will buy it at the end . the lease payments are 399 can't beat the price. I was a GM man now a lexus driver for ever. I noticed the transmission pause as noted in other reviews hope it is software as noted would love to see this fix as it is the only coplaint I have. One thing I would like to see is a power outlet on the dash for my cell phone

WOW! What a car!
By BethT on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first luxury car, and the start of a beautiful relationship. This car is outstanding. From a beautiful exterior, to a plush and more than comfortable and gorgeous interior, this car has it all. I got the black garnet color, because it was so unusual, with the black leather interior, and it is absolutely beautiful. I'm hooked on Lexus quality from the car to the dealership, a fabulous experience!