2003 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (113 reviews )
Your average Mike
By The average consumer on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a nice car for a family car. It is underpowered and that is the one bad thing about it. I would say that over all that is nothing too big. I would also advise someone to look at the Toyota line for a better buy on almost the same car. However if you dont mind paying up front five to six grand extra for the Lexus then this is better than the E class from Germany. The dealer will not kill you when you go back in and get anything extra or for service work. I have had several of each and the Lexus is much the best.

First Luxury Ride
By Gitmo on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had this car 2 months and already 4700 trouble free miles. Really like the quite and luxurious interior. Driving the Lexus 300 and my wife's Chrysler M300 is no comparision. The Lexus is sooooo quite, hardly any road noise. Ride and handles great. The navigation system and the Mark Levinson sound system are great features and work and sound great.

Poor car to own
By Patti K. on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Came with bad tires out alienment. Turn lamp fell off. Floats on the road. Low to the ground getting in and out. Cruise control terrible, it down shifts and charges when going up the slightest incline. Will not return to set speed on cruise if you come to a stop or slow way down, you have to reset everytime you hit your brakes. Hoped I would like the car but I don't. Back seating cramped for leg. Air to back seat is poor. Windshield is sloped and causes extreme heat entrance into the car, Sunvisor has a light switch that should be automatic. The passenger has to hit the button in the backseat to unlock each door everytime if the passsenger wants out.

The Lexus Myth
By phil stiles on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Lexus knows the way to the shop and is not an extrordinary vehicle. I find the shop people nice and the service good but the vehicle should not have the brake, rattle and engine surging problems I have experienced in just one year. The really BIG surprise was the 15,000 mile check for almost $500.00, to check it over. WOW! This is my last Lexus.

Instead of the X-Type
By likedlex on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was deciding between the X-Type Jag and the ES300, glad I chose the ES. The Jag was nicer looking outside but that is it. The Lexus has all the amenities that one could want in a luxury sedan. Granted if performance is what you are after it is not the best choice. But hey, If I wanted performance I'd get a Porsche right? I love this car, and better yet my wife does too!

ES300 IF YOU WANT LUXURY & QUALITY
By CATZRULE on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Waiting for delivery on new 2003 ES300. Interior unsurpassed in its class & even the classes well above the ES300's price range.Interior is extremely well thought out.Controls are right where you need them & easy to use.Exterior is gorgeous,sporty but not quirky looking.Fit & finish top quality.Seats are so comfortable.Even better than its predesessor.Got Levenson sound,but even the base sound system is great. Navigation system is unusually easy to learn how to use.Easiest to use out of others I looked at (Infiniti, Mercedes and BMW.)

2 Months and still smile'n
By Mindbogler on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Tradded in my 99 Caddy on this 03 ES and am really happy with the car. I get home from work and the car will not turn down my street, have to go around the block a few times.

Perfect ES300
By es300 on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I sold my BMW325 and purchased ES300. I really love it.

Word of mouth!
By oldgallis on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I knew it wasn't going to drive like a sports car (IS300).A sound quality system was expected(I30).After I drove my first Lexus in 1996 I thought I would never drive another luxury brand again.Now I am not so sure..In a few years when start shopping around I don't know.I just think Lexus should be trying to improve their proven winners,Instead of trying to bring new vehicles to market.Concentrate on their loyal following and we will convert the others if you treat us write.The best advertisment is word of mouth.

ES300 a true Lexus
By Caran on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A car with good ride, very confortable, Lexus quality is difficult to beat. If you like luxury and smooth ride, it's a best car of is category. Not a sporty car, but a luxurious one. I choose the ES300 for is smoot ride and great quality construction.