Used 2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (114 reviews )

Great Car!
By PJS

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I ever bought. It provides a higher level of comfort than most of its competitors for a fraction of the price.This an extremely refined car

Everything.

More horsepower. Telescoping steering wheel.

One great car
By corneadoc

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable car. The Mark Levinson sound system is incredible. I used to use Mapquest for trips but now rely on the Nav system in the car. A little sluggish to respond, at times. Very high quality.

Power sunshade, heated seats, Nav system, Mark Levinson stereo, hi intensity headlamps, pinch control windows.

Responsiveness to gas pedal. More conveniently located aux. power outlet.

ES 300 vs. others (Audi, Acura)
By lucky charm

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted luxury with reliability, roominess and performance for a good value. After a lot of research, including reading lots of these notes, Lexus ES 300 was the winner after test driving Audi (A6 3.0), Acura, Nissan Maxima, Linclon LS, and CTS. Would rate the others in that order. Just feels good to get into and drive the ES 300. Drive is solid yet smooth, and we have the comfort of Lexus reliability. Have had car for 2 mos, and would't change my mind. It delevers what we were told it would. Lexus dealership a pleasure to do business with.

engineering of interior ... feels roomy and looks great. controls are logically placed. performance is just what we expected - this is not meant to be a sports car, it feels and acts like a luxury car.

reading light in back seat and audio buttons on steering wheel

One Great Car
By Gary Janssen

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had the ES 300 for a month but so far I am totally impressed with I have seen so far. We purchased the fully loaded version with the Nav and Mark Levinson stereo system. I find the ride to be great and use the active suspension on the way to work driving a bumpy curved filled road. My parents have a Delux Seville and said it rides better than their Caddy. For those who have said it needs more power I say for what? To me anyway it has more than enough power and was impressed with the pickup. I do however think the transmission could use a little work as I have found getting on the gas a low speeds cause some slightly rough shifting.

Nav system and stereo

Audio controls on the steering wheel and and tad more leg room.

Quiet and smooth
By Ravens

2003 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love the comfortable seats as this is my office away from home. I wanted a car that would last as long as my payments. I drive 40k a year so I took the lease for 39 months and will buy it at the end . the lease payments are 399 can't beat the price. I was a GM man now a lexus driver for ever. I noticed the transmission pause as noted in other reviews hope it is software as noted would love to see this fix as it is the only coplaint I have. One thing I would like to see is a power outlet on the dash for my cell phone

Memory seats, soft leather quiet ride

Lower price on the navigation system Power outlets on the dash