Used 2003 Lexus ES 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lexus Es-300 - Consumer Reviews

2003 Lexus ES 300

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (114 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Lazy Perfect
By Hondo

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car performs well, handles nicely, and brakes adequately. However, it's more comfortable than any car I have ever been in. I own a few other specialty vehicles, but this is my daily driver, and it is exactly perfect at getting me to work and home. I find myself not being stressed out in traffic.

Favorite Features

Supportive seat and soft yet confident suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Could use some more low end punch and the auto downshifting when lightly braking down hills takes some getting used to.

2003 Lexus ES 300
By NAEXECT

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutly the best vehicle I have ever owned. I cannot believe the ride, comfort, and quality for this entry level luxury sedan. I have had nothing at all go wrong with it - currently 7000 miles. One suggestion - use high test gasoline. The dealer informed me that regular was all that was necesary. For the first 6 months that was all I used. The car ran well but I thought it was a bit sluggish. I switched to high test recently and seen a dramic increase in performance and better gas mileage.

Favorite Features

The auto lights, wipers, seats. The seats are about the best I have experienced in an auto. The 6 CD changer and sound system is awesome! Best of all is the ride.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see a bit more power. I understand that the 2004 330ES has addressed this.

Meets Expectations - generally...
By Mojo

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The ES300 has been a very high quality and reliable automobile requiring very few repairs above and beyond the required scheduled maintenance. This vehicle gets decent gas mileage and generally averages about 21-23 mpg, and also has a very quiet and comfortable ride. However, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that this specific model has a slight hesitation in acceleration that the dealership was unable to correct. The automobile also has a fairly fragile paint job that scratches easily and is susceptible to rock chips. Reading the center console displays of radio/CD and heating/AC settings can be difficult when wearing polarized sunglasses.

Favorite Features

The vehicle handles well and has a very comfortable and quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

The slight hesitation in acceleration could be a driving hazard and should definitely be corrected. The paint job could be made a little more resilient to scratches and chips.

Great car
By jtg

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for my wife. She loves it. Really well built. Quiet. Sound system is amazing. Smooth/classy. Very happy with this car

Favorite Features

mark levinson sound system

Well, its a Lexus ! ! !
By fyler

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

When a car is rated as the top selling Lexus for the past 15 years there gotta be some serious reasons for that.After owning SC300 I needed a 4 doors so best reviews went to the ES300 and its bigger sister ES330.GS had mixed reviews, I hate the IS, I can't afford an LS and I don't like an RX SUVs.Don't listen to those who say that the ES300 is a glorified Camry, they probably never drove a Lexus. You will see the build quality in every single piece of interior, the sound the hood, trunk and door latch locks. And NO, these interior wood are not fake, Lexus doesn't use fake woods in its interiors. I have some suggested improvements below (not a deal breaker though, guess I just got spoiled).

Favorite Features

Its a Lexus so enjoy it.

Suggested Improvements

-The climate control LCD and the audio LCD light should have been blue or fluorescent light instead of that dull green at least it would have matched the cluster fluorescent light. I hate that the front end looks kinda a Camry and that green color LCD lights. - Better cup holders, these cup holders are UN-Lexus and they suck. - Leather interiors wear fast ( I guess because they are too soft and smooth). - The seats structure/where padding meets the structure is not a very solid one ( they feel cheaper than other Lexus).