2003 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (113 reviews )
The BEST Car Ownership Experience
By Tech Exec on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought another ES 300 after testing many competitive models priced less than $40,000. My first Lexus was flawless and was best in class when I bought it in 1997. The 2003 model delivers performance and quality that define luxury for me. I dreamed of owning a Mercedes; when I could finally afford one, Lexus was the better car. Life is too short to settle for second or third best. Lexus of New Orleans treated me very well, I recommend them without hesitation(honest and fair).

Great car... If you want comfort
By Doughbuy on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had this car for only about 2-3 months, but has served me perfectly. Was deciding between the Acura 3.2 TL and the Infiniti G35, but ended up choosing the Lexus because of its superior comfort, sound, reliability, and resale value. I got the DVD-Based navigation system with the Mark Levinson audio package. The Audio package is really worth it for the audiophiles, and the DVD navigation system is a great bonus. Acceleration is slow, and handling is good but nothings spectacular. If you want the best in reliability, comfort and convience, get this car, but if you desire a more exciting car... go for Acura or the Infiniti. P.S. EVO 8's out woooooooooooot!

Better than my Mercedes
By Redwood on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2003 ES 300 is quieter, peppier and I feel safer in it than in my 92 MB 300 E that I traded. On California freeway at 70+ mph the engine rpm is just over 2200. The dual climate control works well and is much quieter than my old MB. The stock sound system is easily heard at freeway speeds. I'm 6' 4" tall and the driver's seat comfort and adjustable positions are easy to set. The only thing I will add will be after market window tinting.

Great car
By Andy on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 1999 BMW 3 series and 1993 Mercedez-Benz C-Class. I think Lexus ES 300 is much better than those cars.

Best Yet
By richieb on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just got back from Florida... Round trip mileage 27.5 mpg Comfortable in all aspects. Not a single problem.. For those who say it is underpowered I had it at 120 mph level ground without a downshift.. Extreme hill climb 90 mph before downshift.. How much power do you want... Consider it uses unleaded regular and not premium like the competition and you're ahead of the game.. Love this car to no end!!!

Talk to Me in A Year!
By Ed W. on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted to get the Lexus RX 300 for my wife; but after test driving the RX and the ES300....she opted for the ES because it handled better for her ..noted that the RX did not have the pick up of the ES ......shocked to read that Edmunds.com rated the car at 8.0 only and even more surprised to read the feedback of various ES owners ....4.3 to 9.0 ...what a varied range of opinions! Ask me in a year how I rate this ES 300! I am keeping my fingers crossed. My wife's previous car is a 1991 Acura Legend and I had to fight to get her to give up her Legend!

Classy Car with rattles
By BIGGUY on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 6th Lexus. . Hope its not my last.. Nice to drive but doesn t compare to my RX300 which I love to drive. Rattles galore.. frame around the navigation system loose, Noise coming from upper drivers side windshield... Hope the dealership can find it I certainly can t

ES300 does it again
By juanc on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am a prvious ES300 owner and I love my 2003 even more than I did my 1994 It has only been a week, but I know I made the right choice

The Japanese Zen experience
By on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

When the salesman asked my wife how we liked our new ES300 I described it as a Zen experience. We both recommend getting the Mark Levinson sound system. It is so clear that the music permeates your brain and transforms the driving experience. Note: replace the original software with at least rev 3 to correct the transmission shift delay/stutter problems and completely transform the driving experience to a powerful utterly smooth, truly luxurious sensation.

cream puff
By Evernham on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

car is smooth as silk, very nice interier, handles well and quite. lots of room for a car it's size.