2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (82 reviews )
driving experience with lexus ES300
By bradley on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Experience noise reduction . can't feel the engine is in idle. Very helpful Navigation system.

Good car but transmission is lousy
By fredj on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Many positives about this car BUT, transmission is such an integral part of a car, and this one is lousy for a car of this price. The engine and transmission seem to have trouble communicating on a downshift, when you are cruising in the 40-55mph range, transmission seems to keep searching for the right car, up then down, then up etc..Spoke with Lexus customer service and they said they have a few complaints but have no intention for any fixes at this time... This is strange because my dealer told me he had more than 15 complaints on this issue..Not acceptable for a luxury crusier sedan

2002 ES300 outstanding car
By okie on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the 2002 ES300 for 4 1/2 months and love the car. It is very quiet and smooth around town and on the highway. Very comfortable. It could use a more power but is adequate. Build quality is outstanding.

Will never buy anything but a Lexus.
By sniper5 on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I only had this car for 4 weeks now, but I can't stop talking about it. I find myself going to the garage just to take another look at it. It drives smooth and controlled (but you do get road feedback), it doesn't lean in corners and it looks very well built. The interior is amazingly beautiful and rich. Plenty of usefull features, great leather seats. It is a car that will make you happy when you see a traffic jam ahead of you.

my nightmare
By unhappy chicago sam on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

this car is a lemon. I have taken it to the dealership again and again. It always seems to have another problem.

Poor Design
By Hate ES300 on 03/15/02 16:16 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Look too much like a Camry.

02 Lexus ES
By Insurance Man on 03/12/02 17:52 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Compared Volvo S60, Acura TL, Audi A6, Infiniti I35, Jag X-Type and Lexus ES. Selected the ES due to quiet cabin, smooth ride, comfortable seats, adequate acceleration, Lexus reliability. Dealer is extremely easy to deal with. This is my 4th Lexus - Have never had one in the shop for anything except scheduled maintenance.

Review 2002 Lexus ES-300
By Renouard Sanders on 03/12/02 15:10 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A true luxury car for less than a luxury price. Lots of options that are truly useful. Safety features galore. Fun, fun, fun to drive and handles flawlessly. An excellent sound system and climate control. Unbeatable at the current price. Interior very tastefully designed.

What I Expected
By lexus1 on 03/06/02 17:02 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have now enjoyed the car for 4 weeks and it has lived up to the Lexus tradition. I am still learning to park close to right-hand objects, since you cannot see the end of the hood on the right. I would highly recommend this car.

Happy First Time Lexus Buyer
By rusty on 03/02/02 12:47 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a company purchased Taurus and its predecessors for 35 years, I finally had the opportunity to buy my own car. The honeymoon is still going but it looks like a long happy marriage.