Used 2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus Es-300 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (82 reviews )

Nice Car, bad paint
By Gladys Arnold

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Everything about this car is nice, but the paint. I've notice several spots where the paint is chipping. First, I thought it was caused by treesap, but the other cars were not affected. I will discuss this problem with the dealer.

Favorite Features

Just enough of everything.

Suggested Improvements

better paint job!

An attractive car
By JFMC

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have tested BMW 325i, Benz 240, and Audi A4, and x-type before buying this car. It is a very good value for what I have paid. It is really a joy to drive. The dealership is a valued-added feature.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

The tail-ligt, that little circular light do not look right.

rotor problems continue
By 3.con

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

ought car from private party with 14K miles--noted on first long trip that car shuddered when braking at highway speed. Took it in--needed new rotors. I had read that Lexus was having problems with the brakes, especially rotors. Dealership (Concord Lexus) replaced the brake pads and rotors @ no charge to us. Shocking note from dealer that rear tires will need replacing soon--only 14, 300 miles on them and no abuse. Toyo tires, another warrenty issue, we hope. Nice car---but the transmission is not smooth and it hesitates when you need to move out in a hurry. Not powerful, good gas mileage, great interior. No rattles---yet!

Favorite Features

luxurious interior

Suggested Improvements

smother transmission,smoother ride, reliable brake rotors,better tires.

Solid Beauty
By kleesmith

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am a residential real estate agent showing property all the time in the Atlanta area. I get all kinds of positive comments from my passengers of how well this car rides over most all terrains. After the break-in period I have noticed the performance and gas mileage improve. It handles well, but after my Audi A6, I can tell it is not a sports car nor a Quattro gripper. For my business and personal pleasure, it handles quite supurbly. Quiet, comfortable, solidly built. There is ample room for average sized people in the back seat. The local dealers treat me like royalty both in sales and service and that will drive me right back there for my next one.

Favorite Features

Comfortable leather seating, auto windows both up and down for all windows, auto locking, auto headlights.

Suggested Improvements

Could use just a bit more torque or horsepower to drive in this fast environment. Would like to easily use regular gas rather than premium for best performance. Also could use more small storage places around the driver to put things like business cards, laundry stubs and the like.

2002
By Texas83

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The transmission on this thing is a piece of junk. I can't believe that Lexus would put out something so poorly tested. It's so sad, because I like everything else about the car. It has many great features, but the reliability of the transmission is terrible, even dangerous. Lexus has promised over and over again that they will fix it, but so many promises have turned into so many lies.

Favorite Features

Without question the interior is the best thing I like, followed by the smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

They need to fix the transmission. Also, I think the quietness is overrated. Road noise is above average, but not exceptional.