2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (82 reviews )
Want more Hourse Power?
By Hourse Power on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Most of the negative feed back has been about the transmition and hourse power...If you want the handling and luxury of the ES300 but with a flaless transmition and a lot more power check out the Infiniti I-35 (255HP 246 ft- lbs) and it costs thousands less! Thats what I did and I don't regret a thing!

Don't be mis-out: Great Car
By Dallas_Best on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

OK, so it doesn't look like a Mini or an LS430, but this is by far the most car you can get for the money. Let me specify: -Luxury, pure and real (real wood, real leather, real technology) -Ride and comfort- can not beat under $35K -Reliability - you get a million dollar service plan for under $35K -safety - side, front airbags, safety cage, sensors, all standard. This just can't be beat. If you want a sportier car with more horses, try the GS line. But for a commuter, this is the one. I paid $31,800 for the premium package model in white with window tinting.

More Reliable than Mercedes
By Dr JSG on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2000 E430 that was a disaster. What I like about this car is that is drives comfortable. The ride is smooth and appears well made. it lacks pep. Another 50 hours would be nice. Transmission should be more smooth. Less roll on turns would be nice. The dealer is obsessed with outstanding service! The do things right!

Great car but beware...
By Becky K. on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Lexus. Love the exterior design and interior design as well. Really sharp car. Has all the bells and whistles anyone could need. Somewhat sluggish though on pickup. There is definitely a computer problem with the transmission. Seems to have trouble - at times - deciding what gear it needs to be in. Lexus is aware of problem with the 2002 ES300, but has not been able to come up with a solution as yet.

Excellent
By Marci Cuccio on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have just recently purchased a Lexus ES 300 and am thrilled with it.. I love everything, the way the car handles and drives. I really like the new body style too....

Dallas Review
By jouretnuit on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very quiet - much more so than the 98 model I had, very comfortable.

Not Your Father's Lexus
By Skippo on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was torn between the value of the Acura S TL and the sheer comfort to the Lexus ES300. The Acura was faster, sportier, but gee I just sold my SVT Cobra Convertable. So I knew what performance was all about and the Acura can't hold a prayer against SVT. So I spent more money for comfort, Audio, smooth ride and it was the best decission I've made in a long time.

Transmission concerns
By ESLexus on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice ride, but needs more power. Exterior a little boring, but interior is excellent quality. I am waiting on the Re-design of the Acura RL.

Comforting and smooth performance
By Eric Hwang on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been dring the Es300 for about 3 months and the car gets better and better. It is more quieter than the bmw 300 series and better performance than a volvo 60. I was suprised to see a company with a short history can make this kind of car.Im very satisfied with this machine and planning to purchase more cars from Lexus.

2002 ES300
By Dwayne on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Truely a wonderful car mid luxury car, but it needs more power. That is the only thing that detracts from its "fun to drive" score. Interior is very comfortable and the Nav system is great. Except for power it is a very major improvement over the previous model.