2002 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (82 reviews )
Outstanding Vehicle
By Donaldd on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car is smooth and responsive. Just got it 3 weeks ago but so far it has been outstanding. This is the first Lexus I have owned. I have had Caddys and Acura Legends but I think the ES300 exceeds them.

It's worth your money
By pp on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

quiet, smooth and comfort drive; convenient features. much more...

Creme de la Creme of its Class!
By Lexus50 on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2002 Lexus ES 300 with the Navigation Package. This was my first dealing with a luxury dealership, and I can definitely say the experience _much_ more pleasant than with other manufacturers. Overall the car is superb. The new exterior styling compliments the stunning interior. The Lexus DVD Navigation system really gives the car a hi-tech feel, and the suspension absorbs nearly all the bumps the road can throw at you.

Disappointment
By david111 on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have bought seven GM cars so far, and would like to try something different. So I went to the Lexus dealership and drove the ES300. The car looks great in the showroom. Interior material is something that GM can't even match. Build quality is good, but gaps between body panels are wider than those on the Acura. The driving experience was disappointing: The steeling wheel rattles when the engine is cold, and the screen of the navigation system is rubbing against the frame and sqeeking noise can be heard when the road is bad. I can't believe this happened on a Lexus, becuase a New GM vehicle (say less than a month old on Michigan roads) won't do that.

JP
By Ashok Vamsi on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

During my first month of owning Lexus ES 300, I am real happy for the comfort, convinience and luxary interior of the car. Few people that I know says this is exactly like Toyota camry and money I paid was waste, but I don't agree with them. Few other friends said why didn't you buy Honda Odessay for that price. I belive buying Lexus is a better choice than paying sticker price for Honda Odessay. Top of the line Honda Odessay costs slightly more than Lexus. I bought my Lexus for $ 32250.00 which includes premium package including Highdensity lights and 6 disk changer. I really enjoy the ride.

Luxury and Performance
By bigredman on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is sweet. It has excellent styling, inside and out. The attention to detail is unmatched in its price class. I definitely recommend the leather, steering wheel and wheel upgrades. Additionally, it handles very well. The acceleration won't break your neck, but it is decent. The navigation system and Mark Levinson stereo are added touches well worth the additional expense. I like the CD magazine under the driver's arm rest.

Love the ES 300
By asmithba on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have taken my Lexus ES 300 on two ling trips now, and can say only one thing. Love the ES 300.

Love my ES-300
By Donn on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had it for one week. This is a great car. I purchased the fully- loaded, Mark Levinson sound and Navigation package. Quiet and smooth driving. A pleasure to drive. Although it seems to have the same engine as the Toyota Avalon, which takes 87-octane gas, the ES-300 requires 91-octane gas, but I don't know why. But this is a minor matter. I'm very happy with this car.

Loving It
By cpearson on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car... The ride is smooth as silk and the interior is top notch.. I Love my dealership because when every I need an oil change they come to me and pick up the car. Great service!! I would like to see a better controll in a high speed turn like the volvo convertibles STS controll.

Best luxury for price.
By Bugs on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

True to Lexus tradition, this is the best luxury sedan for the price. Others imitate but can never catch up.