2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (82 reviews )
Dependable, High Quality Sleeper
By lexusboy9 on 10/22/13 18:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

So I purchased my ES300 about too years ago with 109K already on the clock. She was mint condition and had one owner..She was flawless even with the mileage and years on her. I purchased her and never looked back! To date she has ran flawlessly, always their when I need her. I had one time where she did not start and it was because of a bad battery, slapped a new one in and she fired right up! Lexus really built this car for the long haul, Sheila (My ES300) currently has 129K on her and each mile has been timeless on her. She continues to get better with time. I plan on driving her until she tells me, I can't go any further! LONG LIVE THE ES300 I love her!!!

2002 Lexus ES300
By justreviewer on 10/29/11 14:37 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It is a comfortable car to drive. Smooth and quiet. No seat warmers. I don't know if that was even offered as an option at the time. It would be better if its performance was as good as its luxury.

Never was a Lexus fan but
By Chris on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have always steered clear of Lexus thinking it was more hype then anything. But I bought a 2002 ES 300 with 90k on it. In 6 months I have already taken it over 100k with trips to Dallas from Houston and also Houston to Chicago. It has performed really good. I have a couple issues the cup holders broke, the interior trunk/gas release doesn't work and the cd player jams occasionally but considering the car is 8 years old and has over 100k miles I can't really complain. It's quiet. Rides smooth and has averaged 23 mpg pretty much since I got it. Avg almost 30 mpg on the road. All in all a very nice vehicle that seems like it last quite a while. My previous ride was an 07 m35.

Worst car ever
By kelli on 08/27/10 22:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My third Lexus. First two 96 and 98 ES300s were great. This car has been cheapened up. Most repairs ever. The wheels bend. The aluminum is too soft. It has no power and the tranny shifts when you would think it wouldn't. Sway bar links, struts, wheel bearings, lights, wheels, all replaced. Check engine light comes on and off. It was a older one owner vehicle and it has been the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Avoid this model. Gonna take my losses and try the ES350.

Liked it so much...
By MichaelCMTX on 03/12/10 19:41 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife's choice. Definitely not the place to look for sportiness, but for a relaxed, comfortable ride that's roomy and reliable - very tough to beat. Fuel economy pretty doggone decent for a car of its size. The price of getting it CPO was right up with a new Camry, but we made the right choice. Traded it in today for a CPO 2006 ES330. Sad to see it go, but not so sad we didn't get basically the same car in a different color (albeit with heated/cooled seats!!). Figured if I was going to drop $1000 for a timing belt, why not just upgrade? Some tires ride nice but wear fast, so be careful.

3 Lexus Family
By Stu on 03/28/08 20:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was so impressed with the ownership experience of my 00 RX 300 that I had to buy another Lexus. The exterior impresses friends and looks like a 70k+ Mercedes or Bimmer. Extremely powerful, reliable, and great gas mileage. Interior leather and wood trim really make the car. VSC, traction control, ABS brakes, and eight airbags really offer peace of mind. I would highly recommend this vehicle to someone who wants efficiency of a family sedan with a Mercedes S class feel. I would not drive anything else but a Lexus. My next car will be a lexus too.

A first rate car
By krutlem on 09/04/07 19:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car looks good and drives just as well. It's reliability is tops and comfort and freedom from road noise is a delight. The only downsides worthy of mention is there should have been more attention paid to an owner's need to override the default settings of many details (like the loudness of the directional signals or the duration of the headlights on after leaving the car).

2002 Luxury Lexus
By SC Senior on 07/13/07 17:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It is comfortable and has a beautiful interior (burgundy and wood). The rear window shade keeps the car cooler in the SC summer heat. Great on long trips, heated seats great for back pain plus gets good mileage (30mpg). City driving mileage around 18-19 mpg.

It's so easy to love a Lexus
By Jack on 03/01/07 00:56 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Audis, BMWs, Saabs, and many Japenese and American cars and by far this is the best car I have ever owned. It's also my second Lexus with the first having been a '98 that still ran perfect at 160,000 miles when I traded her. Sure there is some truth about the drive-by-wire delay but it's ever so slight and I got used to it within a day and I'm about as fickle at they come. I urge anyone who wants sportiness, reliability, luxury, and just plain old grinning ear to ear every time they get behind the wheel to buy a Lexus ES. You can't go wrong with a used Lexus either as they present one hell of a value.

My Lexso
By Robert Smith on 03/11/06 07:58 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm completely satisfied this vehicle, though I've only owned it for a short time. The ride is so smooth and enjoyable, the cabin is quiet and comfortable. I test drove many luxury cars before deciding on my ES300 but none could compare nor do they rate as high.