Used 2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (83 reviews )

Sexy Lexy
By Lonna Lee

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car drives like when new , VERY little maintanance but well taken care of, inside perfect and outside lines still look much like a new Lexus.

Dependable, High Quality Sleeper
By lexusboy9

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

So I purchased my ES300 about too years ago with 109K already on the clock. She was mint condition and had one owner..She was flawless even with the mileage and years on her. I purchased her and never looked back! To date she has ran flawlessly, always their when I need her. I had one time where she did not start and it was because of a bad battery, slapped a new one in and she fired right up! Lexus really built this car for the long haul, Sheila (My ES300) currently has 129K on her and each mile has been timeless on her. She continues to get better with time. I plan on driving her until she tells me, I can't go any further! LONG LIVE THE ES300 I love her!!!

Moonroof, HID AUTO leveling headlights, high quality leather and heated seats, all auto up and down windows, Sound system is to die for out beats my friends 2014 Nissan Altima's Sound, Quiet engine you can barely hear her running, Auto rainsensing windshield wipers, Rides like she is hoovering above the ground on all types of roadway, The dashboard is gorgeous with woodgrain, coeworkers always compliment me on the interior. If you keep premium gas like it calls for in it she barely uses gas

The only gripe that I have with Shiela is her 6 cd-changer stereo, it gets kinda finicky every now and again. Other than that no complaints EVERYTHING works and looks as if it was new

2002 Lexus ES300
By justreviewer

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It is a comfortable car to drive. Smooth and quiet. No seat warmers. I don't know if that was even offered as an option at the time. It would be better if its performance was as good as its luxury.

key/remote in one piece. Seat memory. HID lights, and CVT transmission.

should get a bit more power and better handling. and seat warmers.

Never was a Lexus fan but
By Chris

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have always steered clear of Lexus thinking it was more hype then anything. But I bought a 2002 ES 300 with 90k on it. In 6 months I have already taken it over 100k with trips to Dallas from Houston and also Houston to Chicago. It has performed really good. I have a couple issues the cup holders broke, the interior trunk/gas release doesn't work and the cd player jams occasionally but considering the car is 8 years old and has over 100k miles I can't really complain. It's quiet. Rides smooth and has averaged 23 mpg pretty much since I got it. Avg almost 30 mpg on the road. All in all a very nice vehicle that seems like it last quite a while. My previous ride was an 07 m35.

heated seats, cassette player (to use cassette adapter), quietness, gas mileage

better cup holders. Higher quality leather

Worst car ever
By kelli

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My third Lexus. First two 96 and 98 ES300s were great. This car has been cheapened up. Most repairs ever. The wheels bend. The aluminum is too soft. It has no power and the tranny shifts when you would think it wouldn't. Sway bar links, struts, wheel bearings, lights, wheels, all replaced. Check engine light comes on and off. It was a older one owner vehicle and it has been the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Avoid this model. Gonna take my losses and try the ES350.

Interior. CD/STEREO.

Worst tranny ever. No power. Wheels bend. Piece of Junk.