My First Lexus
By Steve Parker on
2001 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this car used (56000 miles) because I thought it to be stunningly beautiful. I still have it because it is completely reliable, economical (especially on trips) and very inexpensive to maintain. I drive my wife and myself to college football games 300 miles away and cover the ground from the coast of Virginia to the mountains with no effort at all. This car is totally comfortable, quiet and unstressed. The sound system is excellent and we always arrive at our destination relaxed. It starts and goes effortlessly, every time. It does like 93 octane BP gas, which it gets exclusively as well as synthetic blend oil, which is changed every 5000 miles. The cabin filter is a big help.
Favorite Features
Quiet, totally reliable, ease of maintenance, durable, comfortable and ergonomic. Gas mileage is very good, 22 city, 29 highway (route 460). Quality of fit and finish and paint is excellent. Still beautiful after 8 years and 70000 miles.
Suggested Improvements
I liked the old "power/econ" switch on my 96 Camry V-6. This car could use one. Other than that, it is a wonderful auto.