My 2nd Lex
By lexusk8 on
2001 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
As the title says, this is the 2nd Lexus I have owned, and so far the best (I previously owned a 1996 ES300). I bought this 2001 car with 64000 miles on it, all highway, and this was originally used as a business/company vehicle. This is a big improvement from the '96 in all aspects (exterior, interior, comfort, performance, you name it). I have always viewed the ES300 as the "perfect" daily driver for all seasons. Right now, the car has over 76000 miles, and I use the ES300 for everything (work commute, short/long trips, weekend drives). This is and has always been the budding example of Lexus quality.
Favorite Features
Auto-dimming mirrors, wood trim, 16" wheels, leather and heated seats, wood- and-leather steering wheel, 195-watt stereo system, instrument cluster, DRLs, xenon lamps, tailight design, UV- tinted glass
Suggested Improvements
AVS (adjustable variable suspension) should be an add-on option for this car. The paint tends to chip easily for some reason, but touch-up is an easy solution. Lexus has never been able to solve the wind noise problem often seen in all the ES300s.