Auto Love
By Dentist on
2001 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I wanted a true luxury car that wouldn't cost a fortune, was supremely reliable, and would hold its value. After 56,000 miles, I'm still truly thrilled. My driving style is very aggressive - hard acceleration and hard cornering. I've had no problems whatsoever, the car is still wonderfully smooth and dead quiet. Whether in rush-hour traffic or on 3,000 mile trips, I'm always pampered and comfortable. Although a luxury sedan, it is still FUN to drive and well-mannered when pushed hard. I strongly disagree with those reviewers that claim this isn't a true luxury car.
Favorite Features
Beautiful genuine wood accents on console and doors; supremely comfortable seats front and rear; great sound system with 6-CD changer in glove box; more than enough smooth silent horsepower (I rated performance an 8 because an AMG E55 it's not).
Suggested Improvements
Fortunately the traction control on 2001 and earlier ES300s can be switched off. When on, it will NOT allow hard acceleration while turning - like if you need to go quickly at a left turn light. Unless it is switched off, DO NOT get into that sort of situation!