2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (30 reviews )
Great Car
By SweeneySK on 06/21/07 22:33 PM (PDT)

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is an all around good vehicle. I love the moonroof, woodgrain dash, decent gas mileage, automatic headlights, heated seats, smooth ride as well as get up and go.

Very Happy ES 300 owner
By Chris on 09/07/06 20:48 PM (PDT)

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased mine used with 36K miles and, like another ES 300 reviewer on this site, had to replace the idle control sensor as well! (defect?) Other than that the car has been a dream. I like it better than the newer Lexus models which have too many extra do-dads like a navigation system, etc. (I'm a man and I know directions!)

Great used car deal
By WaterskiUS on 06/24/06 15:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car with 40,000 miles and live in San Diego. I immediately had to get an idle control sensor, the windshield re-sealed, and driver side door electronics redone through the warranty. Beyond that, I have had no problems. It's luxury to the T.

Affordable luxury in the Lexus ES 300
By MKE on 12/24/05 13:17 PM (PST)

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

If you want a luxury car with an affordable price, buy the 2001 ES3 00 Lexus. The ride is extremely smooth and road noise level is low. The sound system is awesome. I am amazed by the pep when I press the gas pedal. It is a pleasure to drive, and I can now relate to other Lexus owners when they brag about their vehicle. I will continue to buy used, low-milage Lexus autos.

2001 ES300
By will on 11/16/05 14:01 PM (PST)

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Suspension a bit stiff = adjustable desirable? Could use larger-diameter wheels. Paint fragile, easily chipped. Darker window-tinting desirable. More-easily-accessible cabin air filter.

Great car, but not very sporty
By The Rupp on 06/19/05 13:16 PM (PDT)

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car July 04 with 37,000 miles on it, and it was perfect. Almost a full year later, I haven't had one problem with it at all. Great winter car, too. Gas mileage is great on it as well, I'm getting about 21-23 mpg per tank (consistantly) and I don't use the highway very often. This car is PURE luxury. It's not sporty at all. If you're looking for something sporty, try the IS300 or the GS.

This is no Camry
By Lexus Forever on 02/16/05 15:05 PM (PST)

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2001 ES300 on eBay and am impressed with the car even with relatively high mileage of 78K on it. There was a rear main seal leak so I spent $1300+ to get it fixed plus a 90K maintenance service (changed timing, drive belts, trans flush, coolant flush, new front crank seal and cam seal, new O2 sensor, etc). Now the car drives beatifully, quiet and powerful.

sweet ride!
By nwowner on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought a used 2001 ES300 with 35K (23000 miles) and I love it. I have owned 4 Hondas/Acura in a row and never understood why people bought Toyotas. After driving this car I have a new appreciation for the quality of the build and the resulting ride. Acuras do not compare in quietness and quality of materials. This car is sooo quiet and relaxing. I look forward to long trips in this car. Although it is not a corner hugging rocket in the City it is still fun to drive. The stereo is awesome, I love the seats, front and rear. I think I will be looking at Lexus in the future instead of Honda/Acura

Excellence on Wheels
By Johnny B Drivin' on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a former Volvo driver. After almost 8 years, I totaled mine and had to replace it in a week. Did my research and found the ES 300 to be the best car out there. My Volvo was reliable but never rode this nice. Though I've had my Lexus only a few days, I love everything about it. It is quiet, responsive, extremely well appointed and ergonomically designed. It is a joy to drive. Mine had 32K miles when I purchased it and it runs smooth and quiet. Paid 21K. Great looking inside and out.

Wonderful Purchase
By Robyn L on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the perfect used car. Quality, comfort, style, and reliability. Awesome gas mileage, so quiet I can't tell if it is running. No problems. Great warranty with car that I haven't even needed.