Used 2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (30 reviews )

A Car Built Correctly
By w, clay

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in June of 2002 it had 26K miles on it. Today in Nov of 2009 it now has 189235 miles. I have only had two repairs the trans and the idle control sensor. The ride is extremely smooth and road noise is low. The sound system is great. I am amazed by the power when you want to get up and go the car responds great. It is a pleasure to drive with the sun roof open and the sound system cranked up. I will continue to buy Lexus products.

Auto-up windows, Sound System, dual-stage heated seats, quiet ride, solid feel, quick when it needs to be.

cup holders are the only issue

2001 ES - great ride
By InHisname

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2001 with 13,000 miles on it. Someone traded it in to get a new car. I now have 148,000 and it shows no signs of slowing down. The oil is changed every 5000 miles and service is done as suggested. The car is a luxurious, reliable, smooth ride. It has all the features including moonroof. No real mechanical problems. The car handles beautifully. If I had one minor complaint it would be the turning radius. My wife's car seems to get better. That is almost not worth mentioning. I will buy another Lexus due to the quality and luxury ride they produce.

Quality build, leather seats, premium handling.

Turning radius

Can't Lose With The Lexus Brand
By Hayden4Lexus

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Needed a second car to drive once, maybe twice a week as wife & I carpool - this vehicle was first choice as I am repeat Lexus owner. Ride and handling are excellent and xenon lighting is awesome. Perfect compliment to our 2004 Lexus GX470. If you are reading these reviews notice the average consumer rating for this vehicle and believe me you'll feel the same if you're reasonable in your expectations (not wanting a rocket ship BMW that keeps you at the dealer and drains your wallet - remember the speed limit remains the same even though the engines are faster). You'll be pleased with this vehicle.

One touch sunroof/windows, CD changer, Xenon lighting, Build quality, elegant but not pretentious appearance and whisper quiet ride.

Just options Lexus has added to newer models as they are great at responding to consumers in their pursuit of perfection.

My First Lexus
By Steve Parker

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used (56000 miles) because I thought it to be stunningly beautiful. I still have it because it is completely reliable, economical (especially on trips) and very inexpensive to maintain. I drive my wife and myself to college football games 300 miles away and cover the ground from the coast of Virginia to the mountains with no effort at all. This car is totally comfortable, quiet and unstressed. The sound system is excellent and we always arrive at our destination relaxed. It starts and goes effortlessly, every time. It does like 93 octane BP gas, which it gets exclusively as well as synthetic blend oil, which is changed every 5000 miles. The cabin filter is a big help.

Quiet, totally reliable, ease of maintenance, durable, comfortable and ergonomic. Gas mileage is very good, 22 city, 29 highway (route 460). Quality of fit and finish and paint is excellent. Still beautiful after 8 years and 70000 miles.

I liked the old "power/econ" switch on my 96 Camry V-6. This car could use one. Other than that, it is a wonderful auto.

Best Car Ever Owned
By Ted

2001 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Lexus ES new in 2001. It is now 6.5 years old and has 79,000 miles. I just replaced the battery for the first time, and other than that, I have done oil, air filters, and one set of tires. This car is the most reliable thing. We paid the ES off 2 years ago and are going to keep it as a second car. We will be purchasing a new 2008 ES 350 and hope it is just as reliable as this one has been. Also nice to know is that the resale value is still approx $13K, after 7 years! We are sold on Lexus!

Wood steering wheel, sound system, overall performance, build quality, etc.

Umm....it's perfect.