Used 2000 Lexus ES 300 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lexus Es-300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (30 reviews )

Best car iv owned
By kempboy

2000 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Iv owned this car for about 3 months now and it is great the car is realiable and is very fun to drive. it accelerates quick when it needs to and is great when driving on long trips with the leather seats. Stereo system is great good tone and bass favorite part of the car is the mpg. i luxury car that gets 22MPG in the city ill take it!

Favorite Features

Leather, Sunroof, V6, Steering, Acceleration, Ride, Noise level, EVERYTHING!

Suggested Improvements

NONE GREAT CAR

My First car...
By alexbob

2000 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I was going to match my parents on a car for my birthday and my options were an 06 GP, 01 Maxima, and an ES300 Platinum Series. I could not be happier to go with the Lexus, this car is amazing. I got a 35% tint for all my windows and everywhere I go I get compliments on how great the car looks. No wonder Toyota has the reputation it does. Cabin is whisper quiet, great sound system, ride is smooth, and interior just feels cozy. My only complaint is that the garage door opener does not work with newer garage remotes (new ones use an alternating code while the remote in the Lexus is made for a single code).

Favorite Features

Excellent stock sound system and stereo(I listen to alot of music), memory seats, smooth and quiet ride.

8 years and still running smooth..
By nickosmith

2000 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

best car i have owned. i think maintenance of it definitely pays off. what can i say, did all the basic stuff and the car is turning heads.

Favorite Features

There isnt any in particular but heated seats do like but only during winter season, offcourse

Suggested Improvements

improve on interior design

Sweet Retiree Car
By Kathleen

2000 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Car had 33,000 miles when purchased and exterior looked brand new. Acceleration is slow but once you get going car is fast and fun to drive. A little mushy on turns faster than moderate speed. First 3 years required only regular maintenance. In the last three, replaced two batteries and needed service on the Trac system. Car is good on snow covered roads.

Favorite Features

Love this little car because you're surrounded in comfort. And, it has many little luxuries, heated seats, moon roof, smooth ride. Seats four average height people comfortably. Good sized trunk and console storage.

Suggested Improvements

Hope in later models they fixed the battery problem. Very irritating and inconvenient to find the battery near dead if the car sits for 2 or 3 days.

Great vehicle
By MRamsey

2000 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought a 2000 model that had only 55000 miles and looked new. It has been a great vehicle, great ride, great handling, and I feel safe sending my 21 year old daughter to school in it.

Favorite Features

The ride