2000 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (30 reviews )
Best car iv owned
By kempboy on 10/10/13 15:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Iv owned this car for about 3 months now and it is great the car is realiable and is very fun to drive. it accelerates quick when it needs to and is great when driving on long trips with the leather seats. Stereo system is great good tone and bass favorite part of the car is the mpg. i luxury car that gets 22MPG in the city ill take it!

My First car...
By alexbob on 10/08/13 18:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I was going to match my parents on a car for my birthday and my options were an 06 GP, 01 Maxima, and an ES300 Platinum Series. I could not be happier to go with the Lexus, this car is amazing. I got a 35% tint for all my windows and everywhere I go I get compliments on how great the car looks. No wonder Toyota has the reputation it does. Cabin is whisper quiet, great sound system, ride is smooth, and interior just feels cozy. My only complaint is that the garage door opener does not work with newer garage remotes (new ones use an alternating code while the remote in the Lexus is made for a single code).

8 years and still running smooth..
By nickosmith on 07/10/12 13:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

best car i have owned. i think maintenance of it definitely pays off. what can i say, did all the basic stuff and the car is turning heads.

Sweet Retiree Car
By Kathleen on 01/04/10 18:35 PM (PST)

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Car had 33,000 miles when purchased and exterior looked brand new. Acceleration is slow but once you get going car is fast and fun to drive. A little mushy on turns faster than moderate speed. First 3 years required only regular maintenance. In the last three, replaced two batteries and needed service on the Trac system. Car is good on snow covered roads.

Great vehicle
By MRamsey on 09/03/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

We bought a 2000 model that had only 55000 miles and looked new. It has been a great vehicle, great ride, great handling, and I feel safe sending my 21 year old daughter to school in it.

After 145,000 miles
By thomas on 07/15/09 10:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Bought my ES300 at 83,000 miles. No troubles, absolutely no troubles at all. Never been to the shop at all except for regular maintenance oil changes. At speeds above 75, wind noise gets appreciable higher through the window. The car has lots of pep only when floored. The tranny thinks for about a second before shifting and then the car flies. A very smooth ride and smooth steering. Absolutely disgusting cup holders. I have given up on the floor mat after numerous spills. There is a noticeable body roll during cornering at high speeds, but that's due to the soft suspension bug - again the ride is magnificently soft. If you are looking for a soft, plush, trouble free ride. This is not a sports car.

best car ive owned
By mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 09/22/08 12:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

The Lexus es300 is one of the best cars I've owned. After 8 years I have had no problems with it. It drives smooth and is pretty fast. The seats are comfortable and it's quiet and gets decent fuel economy. (I get about 19/24 mpg.)

Overrated
By Warren on 04/20/08 12:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I married into this car. Looks good and engine is strong with good acceleratIon. But in last 2 years we've been through 2 batteries, 2 sets of struts and other miscellaneous items that should not go bad in a car that has a quality reputation. Even the struts that hold up the engine hood have worn out so it has to be held up with an old broom handle.

2000 es300
By wp2ztrs on 03/06/06 11:19 AM (PST)

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Very good car! But the only issue I have is the engine torque bar rattles. Overall its a great car. Very reliable!

Warden 1990
By E Howard on 12/30/04 13:45 PM (PST)

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

A great vehicle and extremely reliable.This vehicle is very quiet,looks like it belongs on the showroom floor. Very well maintained with all service records kept. The vehicle has been kept in a garage its entire life. One owner, has new high performance michelin tires on it. Has a sensational audio system.