Used but still a lexus
By avan on
1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan
I love this car, the '97 to '00 body style with it's sporty, deliberate lines stemming from its lifted rear to it's lowered front end quite simply seem to flow better than that of the newer models which, though impressive in their own right, seem more to me like that of a family ride. As far as performance is concerned this car handles like a champ and practically drives itself, it's impressive 200 hp is more than complemented by its smooth beyond reason shifting. Interior and dash controls are simple and elegant like that you would expect from Lexus. There is a downside in its poor turning radius but it's made up for by its ease of handling suitable even to that of a 5th grader. 5 out of 5.
Favorite Features
Memory seats, heated seats and side mirrors, adjustable suspension, sporty design, I love the design, by far my favorite ES 300, and the simplicity and sophistication of it's dash and climate controls, the in-dash, not trunk, cd changer puts it over the top.
Suggested Improvements
None serious, different brakes altogether, larger rotors, new caliper design smaller single piston caliper bushings tend to wear too easily causing break pulls and uneven pad wear, AWD would be nice.