1998 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (42 reviews )
new owner
By Craig W. on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle with 92,000 miles on it. My wife and I immediately went for a road trip and put 1,300 additional miles on it. It is an awesome vehicle. Good power and a smooth ride. We're still learning about the different features/buttons that come with it. I think one of the struts needs to be replaced, but other than that, it didn't even hint at having problems. Great car.

98 LEX ES 300
By tumuch on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

The car is a dream come true. After owning other foriegn car makes, this vehicle is a breath of fresh air. Its much more than the baby of the Lexus line. Its performance alone, is in a class of its own. Not to mention its flawless lines and superb handling. Reliability, off the scales. This car represents Lexus well.

I'm disappointed
By Mark N on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I had reservations regarding this ES300 for me. Not enough performance and nose heavy. Changed to 215/60/15 Pilots which helped the nose heavy ride. Now at 48k, the transmission needed to be replaced. Bad enough at 48k. Lexus of Austin installed a rebuilt under the 100k warranty. Guess how I feel now. Looking a at Maxima GLE or Accura RL. Should have bought the 528 BMW in the first place.

GREAT CAR
By l. wood on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

THIS IS A GREAT CAR I JUST HIT 50.000 MILES AND NEVER HAD ONE PROBLEM. THE SERVICE PEOPLE AT LEXUS HERE IN LAS VEGAS ARE GREAT BEST CAR I EVER OWNED.

A Driver's Car
By TM on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

This is an outstanding car to drive! Great handling, good fuel economy, and excellent interior. The only problem I have is being charged $30 to have turn signal changed!! ( I tried to figure it out myself but just couldn't.) Anyway, highly recommended, mine has 100000 miles on it and is still running strong.

Drive it, you'll love it
By RDL2AEL on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Drive it,you'll love it! The quietness, the smoothness, the reliability, the 6 CD's in the glove box I would buy another one.

Would not have anything else.
By ggwes on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

We are looking to sell the 1998 and get a 2001. Not only is it an excellent car, but dollar for dollar it is the best high line value out there.

Nice machine!!
By Maynard on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Just plain high quality stuff!!

Sweet Ride
By Storm on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Very very comfortable! No other vehicle is quite like a Lexus. You might say, let me try something else, you'll wish the whole time you had a Lexus.

Excellent
By Elainbrwn2 on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I test drove a Lexus and i said my next car would be a Lexus and i would say about three months later i was droving my own Lexus. If i trade it in it will before another Lexus maybe a 2001.