Used 1998 Lexus ES 300 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (43 reviews )

Best Car I Ever Had! Never Selling!
By Rafee Ahmed

1998 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 12 and have never had any problems. Just had a regular oil change and a battery died on me once (completely natural). The sleek design of this model is so much better than the "sportier" design newer one. Sound system sounds great and I like how you can easily adjust the sound settings. Seats are extremely comfortable. Traveled to chicago and new york from virginia with no problem. Trunk is also big enough for all of my junk. There's no way I'll ever part with this car. I'm keeping it for the rest of it's life. Only wish that this had better cup holders. I've noticed thats a common complaint with this generation. One other extremely minor annoyance is that no matter what I try to to do, the check engine sign won't go away. Although there hasn't been any problems with the engine so far. And this is the car I use for everything.

I Am A Believer! Loving My ES !!!
By cashmere1

1998 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

My v6 Honda Accord Coupe got totaled and I worshipped at Honda's feet until I met my Lexus ES 300. After only a few days I see why people invest in the Lexus Brand. It is smooth as silk and I hate to even stop and get out of it because it is so much fun to drive. I love its responsiveness which I need getting in and out of city traffic. We are going to have a great time together.

Smooth acceleration Comfortable Seats Quiet Engine

The cupholders should be more sturdy in a vehicle of this high quality. Other than that she is smooth perfection.

Takes a licking and keeps ticking
By John

1998 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Very are money nice and reliable car other the oil changes, replace brake calipers at 180K. Hit two deer in six months rebuilt just like new, mine has every option available, and everything works just fine, will drive it till the wheels fall off, i figure about 500k miles or more, Mercedes E class move over there's a new kid in town.

stereo, cd changer, auto head lights, reliability, has lots of power, and good gas mileage

none. the the car is perfect. Don't change a thing

OMG
By karyn

1998 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have 143,000 miles on this car, keep all maintenance appointments, and treat myself to deluxe detailing at the same time. I will keep this car for many years. I still can't come up with a good reason to buy a new one. I still get compliments because people think it's a newer model. Comfort and reliability. I'd only improve upon the cup holders as a previous reviewer stated. I am a very content 1998 Lexus owner.

Comfort and reliability. It has great pick-up when needed. I would suggest that all owners keep maintenance appts and get the deluxe detailing at the same time.

Those cup holders are terrible,

Great Car for old people and accountants
By loco

1998 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Great reliable car, decent fuel economy, very comfortable but not too fast. Overall if you need a car for everyday that you know would not let you down you should buy it.

miles per gallons