Used 1998 Lexus ES 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (42 reviews )

I Am A Believer! Loving My ES !!!
By cashmere1

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

My v6 Honda Accord Coupe got totaled and I worshipped at Honda's feet until I met my Lexus ES 300. After only a few days I see why people invest in the Lexus Brand. It is smooth as silk and I hate to even stop and get out of it because it is so much fun to drive. I love its responsiveness which I need getting in and out of city traffic. We are going to have a great time together.

Smooth acceleration Comfortable Seats Quiet Engine

The cupholders should be more sturdy in a vehicle of this high quality. Other than that she is smooth perfection.

Takes a licking and keeps ticking
By John

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Very are money nice and reliable car other the oil changes, replace brake calipers at 180K. Hit two deer in six months rebuilt just like new, mine has every option available, and everything works just fine, will drive it till the wheels fall off, i figure about 500k miles or more, Mercedes E class move over there's a new kid in town.

stereo, cd changer, auto head lights, reliability, has lots of power, and good gas mileage

none. the the car is perfect. Don't change a thing

OMG
By karyn

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I have 143,000 miles on this car, keep all maintenance appointments, and treat myself to deluxe detailing at the same time. I will keep this car for many years. I still can't come up with a good reason to buy a new one. I still get compliments because people think it's a newer model. Comfort and reliability. I'd only improve upon the cup holders as a previous reviewer stated. I am a very content 1998 Lexus owner.

Comfort and reliability. It has great pick-up when needed. I would suggest that all owners keep maintenance appts and get the deluxe detailing at the same time.

Those cup holders are terrible,

Great Car for old people and accountants
By loco

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Great reliable car, decent fuel economy, very comfortable but not too fast. Overall if you need a car for everyday that you know would not let you down you should buy it.

miles per gallons

Probably the Most Reliable Ever Built!
By Sim

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Drove confidently from NV to IL with just under 199K purring like a kitten (and still purrs). Had to replace front struts and control arms, that's about it. Went through over 3 dozen new and used cars (BMW, Acura, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, GM, Dodge, Mazda, VW, Saab), but none, NONE like the ES300. This is car is ultra reliable and it can probably go for another 100K. This is really why many are loyal to the Toyota/Lexus brand. It's hard to beat it's quality and reliability combination. The engine will most often outlast the body and suspension. If there is a need for used car, this is the best one to get.

Engine is still smooth and sound. Granted it's a more refined engine, but being a '98 and 200K, it's quieter than my '07 V6 RAV4. Paint still glossy after 10 years. Parts are always available, if needed. No wonder these cars have great resale value.