Solid ride!
By B on
1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan
This car is great! I bought it in June '09 after doing much research here on Edmunds. I had a tight budget ($5000) and I needed to find a car that would be reliable and well built. The ES300 had great reviews so I thought I would get it and it truly is a great ride. I get compliments all the time, most people think it is newer and more expensive than it actually is. My ES is smooth, quiet, and is somewhat fuel efficient in the city and great on the highway (30 mpg from CO to CA). So far I have had no problems with the car and I plan on driving many more trouble free miles. I just wish it had a little more power, it has enough passing power it's just a little slow off the line. I love my Lexus!
Favorite Features
My favorite features are the leather seats which are comfy and supportive (they also have memory settings for 2 drivers!), the 6-CD changer thats mounted in the glove-box and not in the trunk, the sunroof and the auto A/C. I also love the look of the car! The design is timeless!
Suggested Improvements
The only things I don't like about the car is that the cup holders are useless and it should get better MPG. I'm sure Lexus has fixed these problems by now.