Used 1997 Lexus ES 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Lexus Es-300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (46 reviews )

Lexus Makes Great Cars
By John R

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I've had my 1997 ES300 for 10 years traveling 188,000 dependable miles. Best car I've ever owned. If fact, I purchased a brand new 2007 GS350 AWD, with everything, because of my 1997 ES300 experience.

Perfect... Even after the Crash
By Okus1984

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

The car was orig. bought at 115k in 04' by a relative. She totaled it out this winter. I bought it from her, and put work into it myself. The car looks brand new now. (only cost me $550 in parts) Even after the crash this car drives like new! It's fast enough to get up and go. The gas mileage is great! It's comfortable to drive. It's been on numerous 8 hour road trips. I love Lexus. I have owned a Sc400, Ls400, 96 ES, and I have a RX300. I love Lexus! No wonder they are the TOP Luxury Car company in America! BTW nite and day difference from the 96' and below ES.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage! Indash CD Player. Great Power Engine!

Suggested Improvements

LED Stereo light. Cheaper Parts.

Great used vehicle, love it!
By Research Nut

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Bought this 2yrs ago with 160k from a private party after getting it checked out at a Lexus dealership. Outside of the usual, I HAVE NOT SPENT A PENNY! Not one thing has gone wrong or needed to be fixed. It is just a wonderful car, and I'm glad all of my research (much of which I did here at Edmunds.com) in finding it paid off. After owning this car, I just cannot understand why people would ever pay more money that I paid here for another inferior, less-reliable used car (like anything from Detroit)...

Favorite Features

RELIABLE. QUIET. COMFY. People think I spent a fortune on it, and treat me differently - if that's a good thing.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders. I bought some that clip on the a/c vents, and they work great. Radio display fading, but that's fine. My fuel economy is 15-16mpg, but these are all more minor quibbles.

Simply love it
By BlueKarma

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I love my '97 Lexus. It's an older car but you wouldn't know it. It drives great and I'm very happy with it.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, the smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

My stereo display was broken when I bought it but everything still works I just can't see what I'm doing.

Just a GREAT car !
By rtk

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Bought the Lexus in Florida and drove it home to Idaho. Perfect drive. Not a hiccup of any kind. Talk about quiet and smooth. Nice stereo, too. Mileage has always been 25-29 mpg. I've driven it 10,000 miles already and loved every mile. The paint is still flawless and the interior looks new. Just great quality materials in this beauty. It's a better car than my last 2 Cadillacs.

Favorite Features

Quiet. Not only can't you hear the engine while sitting inside, you can't hear it standing by the side of the car. Solid. No rattles or squeeks of any kind and it's 10 years old.

Suggested Improvements

Can't believe this nice of a car has such crummy drink holders. I've tipped about 5 drinks over on my lap/seat.