1997 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (46 reviews )
the best luxury car you'll find ever
By iantyler112 on 10/08/14 21:56 PM (PDT)

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

it will take u places with no props it's powerful u can feel it and enjoy life and go places have fun with class with comfort

Pretty Good
By superflykhaeyo on 07/24/14 15:15 PM (PDT)

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I prefer sports cars, but this vehicle was comfortable great styling (for a 1997), drove smooth for a 4 speed,great acceleration, handled well i was short-stopped at about 15mph and tapped a minivan and not a scratch on the sienna or my ES, my car later spun out on a flooded highway ramp at -20mph NO BODY DAMAGE but the rear wheel was bent to a 70degree angle. but this thing is a TANK

win win
By rghouse on 06/03/13 15:35 PM (PDT)

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I have yet to be disappointed with a vehicle made by Toyota and this car is no exception. Purchased with 150K 4 years ago from original owner, now has 197K. The only thing to go wrong since purchase is the driver door out side handle became non-functional after the clip inside the door broke. It was $1.75, but I had to take the door apart to fix it. I use synthetic oil (previous owners used synthetic also) every 10k miles and the oil is still golden brown after one years worth of driving. My only complaint is when the family goes on a trip the rear sags and sometimes the tires scrape (they are slightly oversized vs stock b/c of BBS rims). Awesome stock stereo,very comfortable n dependable

Best Car Ever!
By packagemaster on 03/23/11 19:06 PM (PDT)

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I bought a '97 in spring of 06, with 150k miles already on it. I travel 110 miles per day, and I wanted a reliable comfortable, but cheap ride. Because of the miles, I got mine cheap. Fast forward, 2011. Now the car has 330k miles, and let me tell you, this car has been rock solid. This is list of everything I did for the car. (from my log book) 1 set of tires. 2 batteries. 8 sets of wiper blades. Oil change every 6-8k miles. (that's right) 4 air filters. 2 windshields. (rocks fly in Interstate) Front and rear Struts. 2 sets of brake pads for front, 1 set in back, 1 set of front rotors. 6 Headlight bulbs.. I'm looking forward to the next 180k miles. I know this car will make it.

Love my Lexy
By Love my Lexy on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I bought my ES300 about 4 years ago with 92k. I have not had to do anything more than the usual upkeep and I now have over 275k. Yes, she is getting tired but her ride and style does not compare to any other car on the road. Even the newer style ES300 is smaller and not as comfortable as this one. I previously had the 95 ES 300 with 268k when it was totaled in 2006.

The best car you can get for under 5K
By Brian on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I Purchased this car in June of 2009 and it had 105k miles. It is now at 120k miles and runs great. I have never had to take it to the shop for anything other than maintenance. It is very comfortable and reliable. This is the 3rd Lexus in my family. My mother has had an IS and a RX hybrid. all great cars. It has a good amount of features. The gas mileage is ok for a V6. I get 19 combined and I have gotten 28 on a road trip averaging 75 mph. I would highly recommend this car. It is very solid, I never have to worry about my car breaking down. As a college student, I can't afford to pay for costly repairs. This car has Toyota reliability. I think this car will go for another 100k miles easily!

Money well spent!
By Singh on 04/14/10 17:19 PM (PDT)

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I was looking for a reliable car for around $5000. Took my own sweet time to drive a lot of cars, check there edmunds.com reviews. Fell in love the very first time I drove this car, it was just great. Lot of power, space and comfort. Fuel economy is around 15 mpg in city but on highway its close to 30 mpg. I feel safe inside the car even while driving it even at high speed.

Solid ride!
By B on 11/11/09 20:08 PM (PST)

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

This car is great! I bought it in June '09 after doing much research here on Edmunds. I had a tight budget ($5000) and I needed to find a car that would be reliable and well built. The ES300 had great reviews so I thought I would get it and it truly is a great ride. I get compliments all the time, most people think it is newer and more expensive than it actually is. My ES is smooth, quiet, and is somewhat fuel efficient in the city and great on the highway (30 mpg from CO to CA). So far I have had no problems with the car and I plan on driving many more trouble free miles. I just wish it had a little more power, it has enough passing power it's just a little slow off the line. I love my Lexus!

The BEST Car!
By 757s bezt on 11/09/09 21:06 PM (PST)

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I love my 97 Lexus ES 300, it's my baby! Every time I pull up to work people stop and stare! It looks very nice and it's real dependable. I make sure I get my oil changed on time and anti freeze changed. The only thing is the radio and clock...they don't last that long...lol but other than that it's excellent. My mom has 300,000 miles on her 94 ES 300 and it still runs better than any new vehicle out there!

Not too bad of a choice for the money.
By Roman on 07/14/09 21:38 PM (PDT)

1997 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Well... When I bought it four years ago I thought it was a perfect car, and it is close to that. However, I had to change rear bushings, fix brakes, change timing belt, rotors, window motor went down (when driving on highway), stabilizers had to be changed, wheel bearings had to be changed, exhaust, the heater on driver's seat stopped working right before last winter. So... this car always took me from point A to point B with comfort, but it's not as perfect as it may seem to be. Lexus is reliable, but far from perfect. The best car I had so far was Civic (but again, it was practically new).

1 2 3 4 5 next »