1996 Lexus ES 300 Consumer Review: I'll never buy anything other

1996 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Review

I'll never buy anything other
By Miboyz2 on

1996 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

My first car was a brand new 1987 Toyota Tercel, I kept for 4-5 yrs and I don't recall ever getting a tune up; my second car was a 1992 manual Toyota Paseo. I got 150,000 miles and the only major maintenance done was replacing the stick shift. My boys started getting taller so I looked at trucks. The Land Cruiser was way out of my league, the 4-runner was not economical, and the RAV was about 20,000 & I believe it was only 4-cylinder then. I had experienced the reliability Toyota offered and wouldn't settle for anything else just as long as it was in my budget. I did my research on only certified ES 300 and fell in love with the price and the warranty offered.

My car will be 11 yrs old in December. I have had it 9 yrs come December. I get the oil changed every 3000 miles. The most I've had to do is brakes/rotor (normal wear & tear). Just recently I had to get engine mounts and a new left cv-boot; but the car has 158,000 - 159,000 miles.