1996 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )
Very excited
By 16 yr old lexus ownr on 01/25/07 12:27 PM (PST)

1996 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I'm a 16 year old and just got my license. My grandmother unfortunately just passed away. She had this car and I was lucky enough to be the one that would get it. The car drives amazingly... it will be 12 years old in October and has only 55,000 miles on it and I'm very excited about it. The car has been no less than perfect for us. Low maintenance and great gas mileage.

Very nice Lexus
By johnrocca on 12/03/06 12:53 PM (PST)

1996 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Best car ever, CPO coach edition, 11 years old. Drives like day one. This car runs like new. I changed battery, tires, brakes, that's it. Put gas in it and gooooooooo. Enjoy!

Wow
By My Car on 11/13/06 16:13 PM (PST)

1996 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I bought this car beacase my son liked it. This car is very reliable. I gave it to my wife and she isn't very big on maintenance. I would recommend this car to any young kid lookin for a cool reliable ride to sport around.

Wonderful, reliable
By Marie on 11/02/06 18:39 PM (PST)

1996 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I have had my 1996 ES Lexus since it was brand new, summer of 1996. Now more than 10 yrs later and 93,000 miles on it, it still drives like a dream. We just took it on 3 long road trips, each trip was about 14-18 hours roundtrip, two of the trips were in 109 degree temps so AC was blasting, absolutely no problems whatsoever! To this day, I still get excellent mileage, 24-26 mpg mixed city and highway. On the way back from AZ to LA, I got 33 mpg, unbelievable. Kept up with oil changes every 5000 miles, other than that my only costs were tires, battery, brake pads, etc when they wore out, and the timing belt, etc at 90,000 because nothing ever went wrong! Reliable, reliable, reliable!

I'll never buy anything other
By Miboyz2 on 09/21/06 15:13 PM (PDT)

1996 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

My first car was a brand new 1987 Toyota Tercel, I kept for 4-5 yrs and I don't recall ever getting a tune up; my second car was a 1992 manual Toyota Paseo. I got 150,000 miles and the only major maintenance done was replacing the stick shift. My boys started getting taller so I looked at trucks. The Land Cruiser was way out of my league, the 4-runner was not economical, and the RAV was about 20,000 & I believe it was only 4-cylinder then. I had experienced the reliability Toyota offered and wouldn't settle for anything else just as long as it was in my budget. I did my research on only certified ES 300 and fell in love with the price and the warranty offered.

Marvelous Used Car
By rlr001 on 07/20/06 21:32 PM (PDT)

1996 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Bought this about a year ago. Have done nothing to it since other than oil changes. Drives fantastic on the highway, AC is perfectly cold, CD player is highest quality, seat comfort great, and its very peppy to drive. I was looking for a Camry and found this for a good deal, I am hooked on Lexus now!

my car
By chuck pelham on 02/26/06 15:03 PM (PST)

1996 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

It`s just a fun car to drive, gas miles is great because I work 50 miles from home (1 way). Its fast, comfortable,& stereo sounds good. However the disc changer in the trunk works but it will not play. It shows error on the radio display.

Best Used Car I've Owned
By Rick Wolf on 01/08/06 10:10 AM (PST)

1996 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

As a buyer who usually purchases new, riding down the road of trying to select a good used vehicle that was good looking, fun to drive and economical (regular unleaded) was challenging. However, to my delight I was fortunate enough to select a 1996 Lexus ES 300. It rides like new, has almost 100k miles and still is a real plaesure to drive. The only thing that needs repair are the two front leather seat bottoms. I will have that done for a few hundred bucks and drive this car untill the wheels fall off. The way the Lexus is built, it may outlast me! I can not be happier with the quality, looks and reliability of this car. This is my second Lexus, and I love it.

Best car I have ever owned
By KPECOD on 12/18/05 19:06 PM (PST)

1996 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in Nov. 99 as a certified used vehicle. The warranty sold me, but it was the comfort and styling that I was really after. I used this car for a sales job driving over 30,000 miles per year, mostly highway. Let me just say that it was an absolute joy getting in this car every day and driving for 6-8 hours! I have had not had to put a penny into it after 175,000 miles, and am sad to say that I have decided it is time to get rid of it. The good news is I have purchased a 2001 ES300, and can't wait to have the same experience!! If you are considering buying a 1996, please believe me when I say you can be confident in the reliability and performance of your "new" used car!!!

the best car I have ever owned
By Luvmylexus on 01/15/05 09:11 AM (PST)

1996 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in oct of 2004-- I have had the timing belt done and there was an oil leak in the engine which I had repaired---and a cv boot- the past owner never did any up keep-- oil was filthy etc---but now I couldn't be happier--I drive many miles and in fact have already put 14,000 on this car in three months. I t goes great in the snow too. The acceleration is awesome and I am thrilled to own this car. I will never ever own anything but a Lexus again in my life. I am 59 and have owned a lot of cars. The only one I loved this much was my 1969 GTO. Oh I hate the cup holder but minor detail.